Author Topic: Looking for a unicorn  (Read 1377 times)

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking for a unicorn
« on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:44 PM »
Hey all hope everyone is having a great season. I am looking for the best ice fishing chair. It needs to be light, sturdy, foldable and have a back. I do not want to “sit in” a chair. I will use this in a hub shelter. I did sit in the Eskimo Sierra flip shelter and liked that chair. So like I said I am looking for a unicorn!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Looking for a unicorn
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Pricey, but very nice chairs.  Use two of them in my Polar Bird hub.  Fold up to the size of a briefcase.  Perfect height for fishing out of.

https://www.amazon.com/GCI-Outdoor-Compact-Folding-Chair/dp/B009CPDG1E/ref=pd_ybh_a_36?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=SSG2XZQXBSTVGSA7XX3W

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:07 PM »
My unicorn comes in the shape of a 6 gallon bucket. Weighs nothing. Doesn’t fold but I fill it with gear before I go fishing so it helps save space in my sled. If I wanted to put a back on it I’d get a bucket lid and bolt on a cheap boat seat. I use a bucket not only because it pulls double duty for transporting gear but because it has the smallest footprint with still being strong and supportive. Camp style folding chairs take up too much real estate in my hub (Shappell WideHouse 5500) for my liking.

I suppose you could just use a a regular padded folding chair (for tables, not camping). Should meet all of your requirements.

I see our unicorns are of a different breed.  :tipup:
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:11 PM »
If your heart is set on a fishing chair that you don't have to "sit in" I guess you really are looking for something mythical. If you can bring yourself to actually put your butt on it,

Coleman makes a good directors chair and Harbor Freight has something similar that's well reviewed.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:17 PM »
Thanks all a bucket is out been sitting on one for a while and it kills my lower back. I am looking at the millennium blind chair. Thanks again.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2019, 07:35 PM »
I grabbed a little folding shooting stool, it folds, weighs next to nothing, folds flat, has a back and is very comfortable.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2019, 09:09 PM »

Offline Grillking26

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2019, 11:04 PM »
Eskimo Versa Chair. Sits a lil low but u don’t fall into it. Google it, not sure if they still make it, otherwise eBay?

Offline Dinosaur1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2019, 09:32 AM »
I have a couple of those small folding they sell at diifent places. Think I got mine at Wmart one time for around $10. They have just enoungh back and have a small pouch underneath that I throw my snacks in. They're camo and made for hunting from a blind but I use mine in my hub.

Offline sledneck22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:29 AM »
To fish or not to fish; there is no question.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Thanks all a bucket is out been sitting on one for a while and it kills my lower back. I am looking at the millennium blind chair. Thanks again.

If you go the route of the G100, make sure you put two legs to the front or you'll be toppling over face first every time your reach down to your right or left.  Very Nice chair btw.  I use in my blind in archery.  I also have it set up with the shooting arm and short Primos Monopod, so I don't use much for fishing. 

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline kondan

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline TickleStick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:23 PM »
I took a swivel and mounted a small bass chair on my bucket, its amazing.

I also have a "Yeti" bucket (I know, but I got a huge discount on it LOL) and that bucket with lid is also amazing.
WINTER IS COMING!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2019, 01:21 PM »

Offline Rangerphil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:22 PM »
I took a swivel and mounted a small bass chair on my bucket, its amazing.

I also have a "Yeti" bucket (I know, but I got a huge discount on it LOL) and that bucket with lid is also amazing.
I have it also it is amazing but I need a back.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2019, 04:51 PM »
The GCI Pico Chairs and 20” table.

The set has proven very comfortable, reasonably light and very compact when folded up.  Very hard to beat if you don’t mind spending the $.

The G100 is lighter, but doesn’t pack as well and has no arms, but still a very comfortable chair.

DN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.