The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: SNOW SQUALLS  (Read 925 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
SNOW SQUALLS
« on: Jan 11, 2016, 02:53 PM »
just when it gets going, here comes the SNOW >:( 1 to 3 inches pittsburgh more up north :unsure: on a positive note it supposed to windy as all get out!hope it blows off,the snow that is
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: SNOW SQUALLS
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2016, 03:08 PM »
1 -3 inches tonight, 1-3 tomorrow and 3-5 tomorrow night.. = 5 -11 inches by Wednesday morning ?  ..  Do hope they are wrong.   

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:22 PM »
All I heard for the Scranton area is 1 to 3 inches tomorrow.  Hopefully we won't get any.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:23 PM »
well if we get that much hope for some rain on fri to knock it down.frigging snow

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:31 PM »
channel 11 just calling for 1-2 here ,I am not to concerned with 1".the weather channel is calling for like 4-7 .now 7" would really suck.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Just checked our forecast... again....  changed from 1-3 tomorrow to 3 - 5.. Plus 3-5 tomorrow night.. add that to the 1-3 tonight..  So now it is 7 - 13 inches by Wednesday morning..  :%$#!:    Not looking good up this way..

Offline hardwaterwalker814

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:51 PM »
They're only calling for 2-4" here hopefully it stays that way
A watched flag never flies

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:04 PM »
I was just down the lake to check the ice,  it is the best the ice has looked here in crawford county this year...... 99% of the snow blew away and exposed the ice!!!  Where I was checking I was looking at 3 inches of hard ice, held my weight awesome!!!!!  I spudded some holes but didn't fish, I was a little spooked being by myself and at night to boot.  It was fishable, but not what I would consider safe ice.  There was some open water but it should all lock back up tonight,  and I am going to hit the ice tomarrow in the am b4 work and again after work!  I plan to shovel off a few good spots if the snow gets too deep.  I will force freeze this sucka!  Shovel the whole lake if I have to, lol @)  The lakes are gettin there for sure

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2016, 05:08 PM »
Even if we get the one to three inches of snow in my area we should be good to go by the weekend at a lot of places.

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:41 AM »
We got little to no snow last night in crawford county,  I am headed out for sun up, hoping to catch a few perch today to pop on some tippy's.  My local baitshop isn't stocked up with livebait yet,  I will call and check things out today to see if he stocked up, with this storm though?????  I am pretty sure alot of the baitshops in my area get bait from the same place in NY, and when we are talking 1st ice....... and a snow storm, I usually have to drive to erie to get bait, and I don't feel like a drive this morn.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2016, 04:49 AM »
Good luck WW.  Please give us a fishing and ice report when you can.  Wanting to get out Saturday bad, but this snow and then the expected rain Friday...  :-\ Gonna be iffy for sure.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline PymyProwler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:39 AM »
Fingers crossed, going to try to get out on Canadhota this weekend...will post if anything happens. Tight lines!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2016, 11:05 AM »

one moving through
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2016, 12:43 PM »
They just changed the forecast for my area now they're saying an inch which is fine by me.  Even with the inch of snow it was down into the teens since Sunday night and in the twenties for highs so that definitely helped tighten up and make ice.

Offline ClayBird John

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2016, 12:48 AM »
Less than an inch here in Wyoming county.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.