The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: lowrance 522i for ice fishing  (Read 1210 times)

Offline 300_wsm

• Team IceShanty Regular
lowrance 522i for ice fishing
« on: Feb 08, 2010, 03:16 PM »
i just ordered the ice fishing combo pack for my lms-522i gps! And was wondering if anybody has this setup for ice fishing.

Offline jigginnut

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lowrance 522i for ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2010, 05:45 AM »
I have the ice kit for my 522C and love it.  I think I like it better than the vexilars.  I do however think the vexilars are easier to use.  I have never had interference problems with my 522 when used around others with say x67c's, but as soon as anyone turns on a vexilar i have to throw the sensitivity way down to break the clutter.  I pretty much got the setup and running of this thing down to a science now.  If you have any questions throw me a pm or something and we can talk about it.

Jim

Offline 300_wsm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2010, 09:10 AM »
hey thanks man i should be getting the kit at the end of the week or monday. ill probably be picking your brain to get it setup. thanks again, Eric

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:04 PM »
    If your talking about this LMS522,, it is the nuts, They discontinued them last year because your going to need a lawn mower battery to power the GPS,Radar,Map chip capabilities. It will eat through 3 regular batteries in a full day on the ice unless there BRAND new..then it's still 2 batteries..They need to develope a lithium pack.... I've also got the X67c, great machine also,, the LMS522 was a huge upgrade, bigger screen plus Always know where your fishing with the map chip..  Got flasher or graph mode, plus just pop the face off and put on your boat in the summer, how can you go wrong...

ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline 300_wsm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:58 PM »
yeah i have the same unit, but i got some bad news today i got an email saying its backordered 4-6 weeks :(. i called around and was told they havent made one in two months and asked about the showdown and they arent making them again until this coming august >:( guess ill have to guess where the fish are until next season

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2010, 05:47 PM »
yeah i have the same unit, but i got some bad news today i got an email saying its backordered 4-6 weeks :(. i called around and was told they havent made one in two months and asked about the showdown and they arent making them again until this coming august >:( guess ill have to guess where the fish are until next season
  What do you need, the ice ducer??, Being that they don't make them anymore, I just ordered 2 ducers for $65 bucks each from Cabelas online for mine for the future, they are backordered, but that's fine with me..
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline pondscum4p

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2010, 02:44 PM »
i did samething      a regular transducer strapped to a pc of all thread and some pipe insulation zip tied 2 the top works great   awesome set up     dont know how i ever fished with out it  lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.