The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: FISHIN" out the lake?  (Read 10156 times)

Offline stormtrooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: FISHIN" out the lake?
« Reply #60 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:50 AM »
Might as well kill everything... we've only got 16-17 months left anyway... right Mo?  ::)

Man, I hope I make the cut!  :P
"
Don't worry Diz, Jerry is shredding the heavens waiting for you. "Listen to the river sing sweet songs and rock my soul doo dooo dooo..."

fish are food  :)not entertainment >:(  when we see this all the arguements cease ???  
mo

True naturalists do not believe in "using" any flora or fauna for anything.This would be the exploitation of these species. Imagine If on occasion you went to a restaraunt to get a bite to eat. After indulging the first bite you got ripped through the roof with an unknown force only to flop for a while possibly injuring yourself and than maybe upon inspection, thrown back not worthy. Someday, maybe 2012, when aliens come to abduct, humans may be judged in this fleeting world by another species long before God judges us for the eternal afterlife.

Fish are serious business.This website is entertainment.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #61 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:39 PM »
I guess it depends on which one of the thousands of "Religions" one agrees with.

;)
first i didnt bring up religion someone else did ??? what does religion have to do with fish being food? oh i forgot   the fish worshipers other than them even if there was evolution are fish food first then entertainment ? did fish evolve from food to entertainment or they still evolving lol   happy new year     
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline HOLE_POKER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 31, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Never try use use reason and logic when speaking to an idiot.

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:37 AM »

first i didnt bring up religion someone else did ???

Yeah, it was this guy!  :blink:

i tried this route before :o thats right you do exist thats why your revelation was amazing to me in the end times GOD will pour out his SPIRIT on all mankind men will dream dreams and see visions your words are true ive red it over and over what jmiser does is "loaves and fishes" feeding the poor utilizing the resources not in gluttony but in generosity    prophets existed and exist :o     
mo

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 01, 2010, 10:16 AM »
This guy too. :blink:

Before I answer that question, I'd like to expand on the previous question.  You are right, the entertainment industry would disagree.  Is it or is it not true that fish were originally put on this earth for food?  Yes or no?  Man's interference ultimately causes the argument unnecessarily, if we accepte the original intent.  Now to answer Dizzy's question.  There are many people in the world who feel that the end is near.  Cultures all over the world, not only Judeo-Christian, but Muslims, Budhists, Atheists, satanists, etc., see the change and understand its ramifications. Yeshua said that in the end times it would be like the days of Noah, rampant sexual perversion, violence, etc.  He gave us a hint, exactly to the day, 7 days from the day of the flood till May 21st, 2011, is exactly 7000 years.  A day to the LORD is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day.  Just ignore this, the instability in the world, financial, nuclear, even governmental, etc, moves the dooms day clock ever closer to midnight. The good news, Yeshua will intervene before this happens and those who put their trust in Him will make the cut.  Dizzy, you know the story, the rich man had everything, he loved GOD, he loved his fellow man, but Jesus asked him to give up his wealth and he couldn't do it, because he was very rich.  Unless we are willing to give up everything worldly to get everything that Jesus offers us.  What Jesus offers is eternal, what the world offers is fleeting.  Only God knows if you'll make the cut, no one else can judge. 
Soberly,
Mo

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 01, 2010, 04:54 PM »
Yup! Deer, bass... kill' em all, let God sort 'em out!  ;D
nope this guy lol   
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Jan 01, 2010, 04:59 PM »
im ashamed i didnt bring it up first :( fish are food we have lost our sense of purpose did get a few bass fillets today put them on ice for entertainment purposes a fish fry lol   mo

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Jan 01, 2010, 10:26 PM »
nope this guy lol   
mo

“Kill ‘em all, let God sort ‘em out?” That triggered the scripturesque-like outburst for you? Religion isn’t even on the horizon when I hear that phrase… I associate it with being more of a military phrase (or half a Metallica album) and really thought it sprouted from the Vietnam War… but I’m sure you’ll enlighten me as to its true origins.  ::)

Oops, I hope “enlighten” isn’t another one of your trigger words.  ;D

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 04, 2010, 01:23 PM »
It needs a slot limit,say 15 -18 inch keepers over or under release,its the future,think about it?

Offline stormtrooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 04, 2010, 02:31 PM »
It needs a slot limit,say 15 -18 inch keepers over or under release,its the future,think about it?

What are we keeping 15-18 inches? Bass? In Big bass program lakes in PA., bass need to be 15 inches to keep.That sounds like a realistic slot for bass.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 04, 2010, 04:53 PM »
I know it's a 15 inch size limit !  What I'm saying is there should be a slot limit,keep fish between 15- 18 inches,(are keepers) If you can understand that! I really don't care how many GREEN CARP you keep,but when there gone don't cry.

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #71 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:18 PM »
I know it's a 15 inch size limit !  What I'm saying is there should be a slot limit,keep fish between 15- 18 inches,(are keepers) If you can understand that! I really don't care how many GREEN CARP you keep,but when there gone don't cry.

I look forward to the day theres no more...then maybe the tourney guys will take up golf instead of running around the lakes like they own em because they get paid for fish for the almighty green carp  >:D >:D :whistle: :whistle:
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:32 PM »
Ski,I don't even Bass fish,but you got guys that love there bass fishing and pratice C&R on Big bass lakes,then ice guys pound the snot out of them and eat them.I fish for Panfish mostly,but I will till you this,I can pound bass all day long if I want to,there one on the easiest fish to target in the winter,I had 30 plus fish days last year working brush piles and weed beds,I'll addmit the fish where all 12- 15 inches but they where still GREEN CARP !

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:49 AM »
me and toon chi just love loading up on those green carp when they are gone will move to the german carp then to the asian carp then to the grass carp the blue carp the big eyed carp not carpin about limits if your fillin them   lol   
mo

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #74 on: Jan 14, 2010, 10:59 AM »
They put size and limits in for a reason. Don't see a problem with someone catching and keeping their LEGAL limit. Especially if they are taking them home and feeding themselves and their family. Who am I to judge others???
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:17 AM »
They put size and limits in for a reason. Don't see a problem with someone catching and keeping their LEGAL limit. Especially if they are taking them home and feeding themselves and their family. Who am I to judge others???
food food food glorious food i fish better than i sing there should be no limits on consumption but harsh limits on for profit i understand the need for protecting the resource from abuse its not der amishes or moby dick its selfishness that kills the fishin would love to get in on skis risin count walleye cheeks and hot dogs po mans surf and turf   lol 
mo

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Oh Mo, you know it's funny, but I do agree with you on alot of your posts, other than the rhetoric BS of course.

But, the simple fact is that the vast majority of fishermen in this great Country fish for fun, not food. While many people keep some fish to eat, that is not the primary reason we, as a people, go fishing. For the cost of a portable shack, a flasher, power auger, tungsten jigs and so on, a guy could buy a bunch of fish.

I think it's safe to say that we fisherman go fishing primarily to relax, have fun, be with friends and the food is secondary. Which makes it entertainment......... ...duh.

Yes, I know that's not why you go fishing (Is it a sin to lie?) you only venture out on the ice to feed your family and curse the fish that will not succumb to your frying pan.........while feeling pity for us fools that are having fun. HHHHmmmmm???? is that correct? or might you also find it entertaining?...................... ...I would suggest counseling 8)
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline eyecejunky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:14 PM »
I forsee another mod lock on this thread. :bow:

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:18 PM »
I forsee another mod lock on this thread.

I think we are all being nice, or as nice as a bunch of adults can be.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline eyecejunky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:33 PM »
I think we are all being nice, or as nice as a bunch of adults can be.
Just sayin'....I've seen the lock fastened for less. :angel

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #80 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:47 PM »
or a trip to the grumpy old men shanty just like every time this topic get posted  ::)
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.