Author Topic: Anybody use these?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline MuskyHunter1

• IceShanty Rookie
Anybody use these?
« on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:59 PM »
http://www.easybite.net/  Look pretty cool BUT this kind of stuff has cost me tons of money over the years. 

Offline InSearchOfPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Anybody use these?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009, 10:15 PM »
theres been a few threads on here about them...with a couple reviews also...maybe search easybite and look for them.  I ordered one..its interesting...and it does work...but I cant get used to its slow reaction to a "lift" vs a normal frabill or other traditional spring bobber.  Rather than reacting as the constant rension of a spring...its a counter balance system like a pendulum...but it can only react as fast as its own weight can return to neutral when it comes to a lift.  not sure if you follow what Im trying to say, if not, order one and you will see what im talking about. 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2009, 03:40 AM »
 i can't honestly say looks like a spring bobber to me, i just use my bream rod spooled with golden strean or a spring out of a bic lighter but thats me

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2009, 07:24 AM »
I like playing with gadgets, I just don't like buying them. half the stuff I see advertised on TV i'd like to try as long as I didn't have to buy them.
So yea, I'm cheap. Who isn't!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline gmanfuzzy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2009, 03:44 PM »
i have foundthat a coiled spring is best.  they are more sensitive than the flat ones with the eye on the end. the only drawback with the spring is with the line runing thru it has a tendency to fill up with ice.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009, 03:46 PM »
If you want good springbobbers (which is all that "gadget" is) check out the ones at

www.yourbobbersdown.com

Offline highsparks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2009, 03:53 PM »
     I have been moving away from spring bobbers with the new Bro Series 27" Quicktip from Frabill.   It has a very sensitive tip coupled with a strong backbone.   I havent used my spring bobber rod in weeks.   While it will never totally replace a spring bobber on the toughest of bites , in most situations it will be better. 

A couple weeks ago i was on a finicky gill bite.  They would nibble and spit .   The slack allowed by a spring bobber allowed them to spit the jig before i could get the hookset.   The Quicktip allowed to ti increase my hookups immensely.   The super sensitive tip allowed the gills to sample my bait , and the fast backbone set the hook perfectly . 

I still carry my spring bobber rod , but the quicktip is quickly becoming my go-to rod.....
Its better to be thought an idiot , than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.......

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2009, 03:57 PM »
A couple weeks ago i was on a finicky gill bite.  They would nibble and spit . 

when you encounter this again, try this.

as soon as you notice any change on your rod tip indicating some sort of a hit, dip the rod tip 1/2", pay attention real close to the line when you do this, if it goes slack, the fish has the jig in its mouth and you need to SET!!!  This all takes about 1/4 of a second. try it ;)  I discovered this little tidbit when watching gills on the aqua vu nibbling and spitting my jig.  when you drop the rod tip, they suck the jig all the way in and you have to set before they can spit it all the way back out.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2009, 04:00 PM »
Lance,

I had to do that very thing today when I was jigging up Largemouths. They were just tapping the bait, and even with a teardrop and half a pinhead, I couldn't get them for the longest time. They'd spit as soon as they felt tension. I needed to drop the line to get them. Good day it was. :)

-Wes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.