Author Topic: What lures to use on Big Lake  (Read 1238 times)

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
What lures to use on Big Lake
« on: Dec 01, 2004, 01:58 PM »
Hey guys,

I have decided to attack Big Lake this year.  Since it is single-hook artificial lure only I was wondering if any one was willing to share what has been successful for them.  I have caught small bows using small spoon (little cleos, Krocidiles, Kast Masters, etc).  What has been good for the burbot and dollies?

Icy Mike

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: What lures to use on Big Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2004, 05:46 PM »
Believe it or not, I have been having pretty good luck with small beatle spins.  The lime green and yellow ones work best, but they are hard to find in Alaska.  I bring them up fast from the bottom and let them fall back down on their own.  Small Swedish Pimples have been working for me on the rainbows, but you would have to change out the trebble hooks. 

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2004, 07:02 PM »
I saw some beetle spins at 3 Rivers Fly and Tackle in Wasilla yesterday.  You may want to check it out.  Maybe I'll leave one on the shelf for you ;D.  Have you tried any other soft plastic baits?

Icy Mike

Offline The Common Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2004, 07:52 PM »
I will definitely get by there this weekend since I lost one to a Northern on Saturday and I lent one to my buddy...who didn't give it back.  I haven't tried the soft bait yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.