Author Topic: Onrey 4-year old seeks pike fishing adventure!  (Read 1178 times)

Offline broomballboy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Onrey 4-year old seeks pike fishing adventure!
« on: Mar 25, 2004, 12:40 PM »
Hi All,

My 4 year old and I are looking for a place to catch a couple of pike in the Fairbanks area.  Last summer we caught all of the 10-12 inch pike we wanted in Outboard pond but I would like to find something bigger because it excites the kids so much.

Our range is limited by 4 year old legs so I need a drive to or short walk location.  Please help, you can email me directly if you don't want to publish your spot to the whole world.

Any info on where/how to would be much appreciated. 

Uber thanks also to Jake for the burbot help earlier in the year.

Thanks Again,
Andy & Alexander
P.S. we are the guys in the red F150 on outboard pond each weekend say hi if you are passing by.

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
Re: Onrey 4-year old seeks pike fishing adventure!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2004, 01:59 PM »
i was out on outboard last weekend on both saturday and sunday afternoon...had alot of fun with my aqua-vu....I really want to find the pike on that lake...there are monsters there, they are just so well fed and hard to get.  i had one that kept robbing my burbot sets one year there.  Just look at some of the fish you bring up.  About 75% of those king salmon are full of pike scars, big ones too.  Even with my aqua-vu, i couln't find them last weekend...all it takes is finding them there i bet.

Offline broomballboy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:23 PM »
Guess we'll just keep looking at Outboard.  I know the little ones are there, the big ones must be too....somewhere.

-Andy

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2004, 06:54 PM »
they lake across the road from outboard has some pike in it too...we've caught more out of there then in outboard.....(you don't get distracted on the stocked fish)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.