Author Topic: Gotta Heat The Love Shack  (Read 2179 times)

slacker

Gotta Heat The Love Shack
« on: Oct 31, 2003, 01:50 PM »
Hey guys any ideas how to heat this brut with no eletricity. its a 1967 (love shack, thats what i tell the wife) travel trailer. has eletric  if i plug in the wall. but no walls on the ice unless i use a ass load of extension cords and someones house. ;D So i was thinking something with propane. It about 10x6x6 inside. oh did i say this was in mint condition, jk nothing butt. but the stove works and only # 995 when new little less after a remodel job. Cant wait to get out there ;)  thanx for the help guys its around the cornor slacker

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re:Gotta Heat The Love Shack
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2003, 03:05 PM »
If you have a stove in that trailer I'd just light the burners. Make sure you're getting a little fresh air from somewhere.

Offline alpinehigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • jigging rapala is a great ice lure
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2003, 03:54 PM »
I would just buy a cataylic heater that runs off a little propane tank. Coleman sells them as black cats. I got the radiant heat style one and it works great.
I dont use it often but when i do, its a blessing

Offline nunzio

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta love a day on the ice!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2003, 05:32 PM »
Slacker;
You might want to check and see if the walls/ceiling/floor are insulated. It would heat alot easier if it was.
Rather a large space to heat...... in my neck of the woods (Northern Mn), I'd be looking at something vented that put out more BTU's. 20-30,000 BTU....... Just a thought.

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2003, 09:51 AM »
I would not use the stove burners for heat. [safety issue}.instead buy the mr. buddy heater. it puts out plenty of heat. you can use a 1lb. cylinder or the optional hose and a 5 or 20 lb. propane tank. if that don't work create your own heat. after all it is the LOVE SHACK. haha.
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.