Author Topic: 4 man ice hut plans HELP..  (Read 4679 times)

Fishin4Life

4 man ice hut plans HELP..
« on: Dec 03, 2002, 02:48 PM »
I need someone to e-mail me plans to build a good sized hut that can bunk three people and easily hold 4-6 people. Need this asap if anyone can help please do so me and my two buddies are up here in northren ontario and the lakes are freezin fast so we want to get this out on the ice, any plans with all dimensions and materials would be great I DON'T WANT A SHANTY, I want a sturdy hardwood ice hut.  Thanks.  e-mail [email protected]

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 4 man ice hut plans HELP..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04, 2002, 05:09 AM »
I bought a 8' x 8' storage shed this summer. It came in a kit. I was thinking that with some skids, bunks, and insulation added this would be a great ice fishing shack. Why don't you price sheds at your local home improvement center?

I might get another shed in the near future and outfit it as a fishing shack.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2002, 06:11 AM »
How much can one expect to spend on one of those? Just curious.

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #3 on: Dec 04, 2002, 12:47 PM »
Hardwood? I would say big bucks. Or did you mean ...a hard, wooden ...?

Wood is good.

Fishin4Life

« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2002, 03:38 PM »
i just meant hard...not like hardwood..just hard...weird...hard... anyways we got it worked out i drew one up on my own lastnight and my buddy has the wood stove so there is our major cost wood is dirt cheap to buy down here we are starting it this weekend 8X10, 6foot bench on each side with foam on top and bottom for two sleep spots each we are going to have a table that is in the center hung by chains so when not in use we will raise it to the roof and then lower when we need it for days/nights of getting a bunch of 24s getting crap faced and just staying over night...or eating our catch.  4 holes inside so two feet on the end of each side of the bench hence the 10 feet and the front and back wall 8 feet will work out perfect for walley season....ohhhhh baby walley in my belly.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.