Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: No luck at Big Creek. Which recommended Ponds to try??  (Read 440 times)

Offline gords

• IceShanty Rookie
So went to Big Creek today for the first time Ice Fishing...no bites and only marked 1 maybe 2 fish. Long day...I just want to get my feet wet and get some action and catch some fish. Any local ponds/lakes anyone would recommend where I can get some action? Thanks for your help in advance.

Offline Iabowhunter77

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: No luck at Big Creek. Which recommended Ponds to try??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Try Easter lake near the dam. Check the DNR website for a topo map, they have sunken trees 30-50' from the dam in deep water. The locals will be there.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2014, 10:19 PM »
Gords, hit the pond I told you about. It is small, shallow and loaded with gills. Call me if anything else is needed.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Offline BigRock947

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2014, 10:47 AM »
Don't get too discouraged based on your fishing at Big Creek....it's a tough lake to fish. My brother-in-law who has ice fished/fished for 25+ years doesn't even like to go to Big creek because it can be a challenge to fish.

Do try that pond Toofuss recommended...ponds are a great way to really figure out this ice fishing thing. My brother-in-law took me to a couple of farm ponds that are in his family and I was hooked on ice fishing. We didn't even have any electronics at the time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.