Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679985 times)

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5130 on: Jun 09, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Wow. I just read the comments here as to what has been going on. You all need to take a chill pill. Darren is a good guy.

What he did/does is no big deal IMO. Who cares if he copied a link and posted it on FB. Maybe he made a few bucks, that doesn’t make him a bad guy. It makes him a smart business man. It’s all public info. He did nothing wrong.  There are zero victims here and y’all are making him out to be some kind of evil villain.

Everyone here are all great people and I’m not trying to start arguments with anyone, but I’m going against the crowd here. I stand with Darren. Fish on!

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but if I stole something from you, maybe a piece of homemade artwork, that you had placed in a public square for all to enjoy, I think you’d be at least be upset if not angry.

Because of Darren’s actions, I’m forced to find another avenue to pass Amazon deals onto Ice Shanty members, so pirates/profiteers don’t steal them from Ice Shanty members for personal profit.

I’ve reluctantly extended him an olive branch and he has not replied, so until I’ve figured out a way to pass on Amazon deals without internet thieves passing them onto Facebook for personal profit, the Amazon deals are nixed for now.  A real shame for ALL Ice Shanty members because of one bad apple.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5131 on: Jun 09, 2019, 09:12 PM »
You are correct. If you stole something from me, I would be upset. But Dtro didn’t steal anything from you. He just posted a link to a deal on amazon. He may not of seen the deal if it wasn’t for you, but he didn’t steal anything. He saw a good deal online and shared it with his friends on his Facebook pages.

You copied and quoted my post, does that make you a thief? No it does not.

So if Dtro didn’t have an amazon affiliate or whatever, it would of been fine that he shared the deals you found. That’s what it sounds like to me. The problem is that he’s profiting very little off of it. But since he’s possibly making a profit, all of a sudden he’s a thief? He didn’t break any rules here. He did nothing wrong. Dtro is a good member here on ice shanty and it would be a shame to loose him.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5132 on: Jun 09, 2019, 09:20 PM »
How can you not understand making money off someone else's work is wrong. He's stealing deal ninjas work and posting it as his own and everyone here loses out on the deal when it disappears because dtro needed to make a buck.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5133 on: Jun 10, 2019, 08:00 AM »
How can you not understand making money off someone else's work is wrong.

The owner of a business makes money off his employees work .....   absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Things posted on the internet are public and available for anyone to see, copy, pass along etc. As i said earlier the way to avoid it is some sort of private group/page with an admin who makes sure people adhere to the rules of the group or they get booted.

I've watched and participated in this thread for quite some time and i wasn't aware that we weren't supposed to share things - i haven't done it and won't but if that's the intention it should be clearly stated.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5134 on: Jun 10, 2019, 08:07 AM »
I dont have a problem with the sharing part either.its taking a link someone listed here and another guy insert his affiliate code and take it to make money off Marks hours of scouring the net for deals.pretty sneaky/shady really..this thread is great and although it cost me lots of money I appreciate all members posting the great deals!!DN or anyone that finds super killer deals can pm me anytime if this thread goes away..no marcum deals tho!lol

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5135 on: Jun 10, 2019, 08:14 AM »
How can you not understand making money off someone else's work is wrong. He's stealing deal ninjas work and posting it as his own and everyone here loses out on the deal when it disappears because dtro needed to make a buck.

It would be like posting a link to a YouTube video someone else had made, but then using a link that adds extra commercials everyone has to see and that ad revenue money going to the person who posted the link, not the video creator.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5136 on: Jun 10, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Employer/employee relationship is a different arrangement so doesn't really apply here.

I think the root of the bad feelings comes down to subverted intent. DN clearly frequents the FB locations or this would have never been "uncovered". He could have chosen to post there but did not, he chose Ice Shanty. He also could have posted as an Amazon affiliate here but did not. BTW, others have posted deals here as affiliates from time to time. I believe DNs intention was to post here, for this membership, as a way of returning something to this community without any personal gain. To have his work borrowed and shared in ways which he could have but did not is understandably upsetting.

Certainly it's all in the public but is a little loyalty to Ice Shanty and its membership too much to ask? I guess that's all in the eye of the beholder.

Also of note: During the Energized Outdoors battery deal there were a few that popped in, made the minimum posts to PM me for the promo code for the batteries only to disappear thereafter. My guess was someone shared the deal with a "friend", not on IS, and they only signed up for the battery with no intention of sticking around. At first I thought they might be "robbing" longtime members of an opportunity for a deal. In the end there were enough batteries to go around and I don't believe anyone that wanted in missed out. Still, on limited time or quantities, intended parties can miss out by oversharing those deals.

Don't know how this will resolve but I hope the dust will settle at some point. Now that the situation has come to light even if each party does their own "work", it will be hard for either to post after the other without being "suspect".

On the other hand, it will probably save me money in a different way...  ::)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5137 on: Jun 10, 2019, 09:07 AM »
DN clearly frequents the FB locations or this would have never been "uncovered".

esox, everything else you said was pretty much spot-on but the above sentence.  If you remember, it was another Ice Shanty member who DOES frequent the facebook group pages that tipped me off to my deals showing up in some of his fishing groups.  I then joined those groups and found DTro's affiliate posts.  Ice Shanty is the only fishing forum/group that I frequent.  I actually didn't belong to any fishing groups on facebook at all as I spend very little time there.  Most of my internet time is deal hunting or spent reading here on Ice Shanty.

On another note, can we put this ugly situation to bed for the time being.  I appreciate everyone's opinions, but we're beating a dead horse now.  I am working on a resolution.  Let's start carrying on here as normal.  All we're doing now with the back and forth bickering is making everyone that has a "Notify" email for the thread irritated.

Let's post some deals!

Thanks,

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5138 on: Jun 10, 2019, 09:14 AM »
Guys and gals, I tried to make the last post my final post, but just so everyone knows, this WILL be my final post here in this thread.  At its roots It’s a thread dedicated to sharing deals and good buys for fellow fishermen, that’s the bottom line.   I shared several of “my own” deals too here in this thread that I came across,  so I wasn’t just a lurker like lot of the members here.  There are no rules or regulations or guidelines in how or where the links are shared.  I suppose some could find it to be a dick move, but again I would ask who the victim is here?  Who is out anything?  Nobody seems to have answer for that one.  As far as I can tell it’s nothing but a win/win.  Some people get a good deal and I get a few bucks of Amazon credit (which no doubt will be used to just buy more fishing stuff).    If you want exclusivity then it will have to be some sort of subscription service or private share, this pinky swear stuff doesn’t work on the internet.   Who knows where these links come from?  Like I said, that last one for the LX6 was sent to me from a friend via a text.  He told me he seen it on In Depth Outdoors and yep guess what, there it is.   So who shared that one then?  Is he also a loser scumbag lowlife pos pirate too?    https://www.in-depthoutdoors.com/community/forums/topic/am-i-missing-something-here/

Funny how anytime a few bucks is involved, people lose their crap over it, because let’s be honest that’s THE ONLY REASON anyone is upset.

Now if there was some sort of disclaimer in this post and DN stated he was doing this in affiliation with someone or something and didn’t want it shared, of course I would honor that.  Am I just supposed to assume that though?   I didn’t mean to overstep any boundaries and sorry if I did, and the only thing I can promise is that I won’t share a deal from this thread again because I simply just won’t be reading it anymore.   If you happen to come across a link I shared, I must have got it somewhere else.  Take care, tight lines.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #5139 on: Jun 10, 2019, 10:12 AM »
We now return you to your regular programming... ;)2
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Longshoremen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5140 on: Jun 10, 2019, 12:27 PM »
Deal ninja Thanks for your hard work and dedication time you spend looking for great deals for all of us, I’ve seen you post when the deals dropped a couple cents....at all times even in the middle of the night. That is what you call a dedicated member. I’ll be honest it’s summer and I keep checking the best deals page every day looking for ice fishing deals.By the way I bought marcum LX-7 lithium shuttle combo last week from VM Express. And your post was spot on brother. Saved  me a few hundred dollars and it was on my doorstep two days later... I owe you a few pops DN.Thanks again for Looking and Hooking all of us up.👍

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5141 on: Jun 10, 2019, 02:03 PM »
Boy howdy! Just checked in to see if there were any deals on M-18 drills, with Father’s Day coming up. Sorry to see the anger here. Will check back in after first ice. Y’all have a great open water season!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Longshoremen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5142 on: Jun 10, 2019, 02:44 PM »
Boy howdy! Just checked in to see if there were any deals on M-18 drills, with Father’s Day coming up. Sorry to see the anger here. Will check back in after first ice. Y’all have a great open water season!     
Keep it safe! JDL
Home Depot is having there tool days sale going on now.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5143 on: Jun 10, 2019, 05:35 PM »
Deal ninja Thanks for your hard work and dedication time you spend looking for great deals for all of us, I’ve seen you post when the deals dropped a couple cents....at all times even in the middle of the night. That is what you call a dedicated member. I’ll be honest it’s summer and I keep checking the best deals page every day looking for ice fishing deals.By the way I bought marcum LX-7 lithium shuttle combo last week from VM Express. And your post was spot on brother. Saved  me a few hundred dollars and it was on my doorstep two days later... I owe you a few pops DN.Thanks again for Looking and Hooking all of us up.👍

Thank you very much Longshoremen!  I really appreciate it.  I’m not a great fisherman by anyone’s stretch of the imagination, BUT I have become a really good deal hunter, and if that’s what I can share to earn my keep here, then by darn, that’s what I’ll do!  I can’t tell you what a thrill it is when I can hook an ice fisherman up and save him a few bills!  Giving is the greatest gift!  And that’s the truth.  ;)

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5144 on: Jun 10, 2019, 06:28 PM »
I appreciate what DN is doing here even though I rarely take advantage, partly because most of the deals are for the US only and I live in Canada. I do think it would be helpful to post some 'rules' or guidelines re sharing, though. Maybe posted in some sort of sticker?? I have not posted elsewhere but I might have---not for any profit, but just to share with some fellow fishermen on a local board that I frequent.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5145 on: Jun 11, 2019, 05:00 AM »
Thanks!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5146 on: Jun 11, 2019, 11:15 AM »
also if you subscribe to their emails they are offering a 10$ off 100$ coupon.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5147 on: Jun 11, 2019, 07:29 PM »
10%of purchase $60 or more at fish usa useing code dad10.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5148 on: Jun 12, 2019, 04:11 AM »
10% off entire purchase at janns net craft till june13, 2019. use Code:X154594 at check out. Hope it works for ya?

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5149 on: Jun 12, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Today I have a unique deal for a Jiffy Auger for someone who really needs a gas powered auger on the cheap.  Reeds is selling a Model 43 (Powerhead only) on Amazon for $99 and FREE SHIPPING.  This is a 38cc 4 stroke engine and is known as their 4G Lite Model 43 when sold as a complete unit.  It is Jiffy's lightest gasoline auger.  Jiffy is selling Demo Augers, Powerheads and Drill Assemblies on their site.  The Demo Drill Assemblies are only $49 and come with a 1 year warranty!

To wrap this up, you could purchase the Model 43 Powerhead from Amazon for $99 and the Demo 6" or 8" Drill Assembly from Jiffy and have yourself a Jiffy 4G Lite Auger for $150 with a brand new Powerhead and Demo Drill Assembly with a 1 year warranty!  This is a $439 Auger when purchased as a complete unit!

The Jiffy Powerhead:  https://www.amazon.com/Jiffy-Model-Auger-Power-Head/dp/B07BSTSH81

The Jiffy Demo Drill Assembly in either 6" or 8":  https://www.jiffyonice.com/Shop/Special-Sales/Drill-Assemblies/Demo-XT

I sure hope that there's someone here who could really use this deal.  Please let me know if you take a flyer on it!

DN

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5150 on: Jun 12, 2019, 10:22 AM »
that's a hell of a deal ^
Tight Lines!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5151 on: Jun 12, 2019, 12:05 PM »
Not really an ice fishing deal, but I know that many of us use this and it's a GREAT DEAL!

It's National Jerky Day and Hi-Mountain is celebrating by offering all of their jerky kits and variety packs at 40% off!  Stock up now for hunting season!  You need to put items in your cart to see the discount!

https://www.himtnjerky.com/jerky-cure-and-seasoning-kits/

I ordered 10 kits.  Enough to last me a couple of years. (I killed two does and a buck last year with my crossbow and most of it is still in the freezer) :whistle:

DN

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5152 on: Jun 12, 2019, 07:21 PM »
Hi-Mountain is good stuff. I've used their jerky cure for a long time now.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline big chicken

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5153 on: Jun 12, 2019, 11:29 PM »
Today I have a unique deal for a Jiffy Auger for someone who really needs a gas powered auger on the cheap.  Reeds is selling a Model 43 (Powerhead only) on Amazon for $99 and FREE SHIPPING.  This is a 38cc 4 stroke engine and is known as their 4G Lite Model 43 when sold as a complete unit.  It is Jiffy's lightest gasoline auger.  Jiffy is selling Demo Augers, Powerheads and Drill Assemblies on their site.  The Demo Drill Assemblies are only $49 and come with a 1 year warranty!

To wrap this up, you could purchase the Model 43 Powerhead from Amazon for $99 and the Demo 6" or 8" Drill Assembly from Jiffy and have yourself a Jiffy 4G Lite Auger for $150 with a brand new Powerhead and Demo Drill Assembly with a 1 year warranty!  This is a $439 Auger when purchased as a complete unit!

The Jiffy Powerhead:  https://www.amazon.com/Jiffy-Model-Auger-Power-Head/dp/B07BSTSH81

The Jiffy Demo Drill Assembly in either 6" or 8":  https://www.jiffyonice.com/Shop/Special-Sales/Drill-Assemblies/Demo-XT

I sure hope that there's someone here who could really use this deal.  Please let me know if you take a flyer on it!

DN

Thanks DN! I had been mulling over the demo augers on Jiffy’s site for a while but just hadn’t been able to pull the trigger. All in, right about $175 with shipping from Jiffy and free shipping from Amazon.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5154 on: Jun 13, 2019, 04:25 AM »

Thanks DN! I had been mulling over the demo augers on Jiffy’s site for a while but just hadn’t been able to pull the trigger. All in, right about $175 with shipping from Jiffy and free shipping from Amazon.

Awesome!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:  Let us know what you think after you get it together!

DN

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5155 on: Jun 13, 2019, 07:40 AM »
MarCum Snow Shield for LX-7/LX-9 - $13.99 and FREE shipping.   I have seen these $1 cheaper, but it's really rare.  This is a nice buy.  These get scratched easily and after a couple of years wiping clean with your fish towel  ::), well, they're needing to be replaced or it's like looking through fog to see your screen. 

https://www.amazon.com/MarCum-Snow-Shield-LX-7-LX-9/dp/B0081X0ZY4

DN

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5156 on: Jun 13, 2019, 08:30 AM »
Frabill Recon 100 Flip-Over Shelter with Pad Trunk Seat 5000708 - $162.91  Lowest Price Ever on this basic, lightweight, one-man, non-insulated shelter.  If you normally fish out of a larger shack with buddies, but once in a while, it's just you, this might be the ticket to get out there without having to drag out the 'BIG' shack.  I wouldn't have this for an everyday shack, but it could come in really handy when you have to venture out alone and not want to take the kitchen sink.  At this price, it's not hard to afford that convenience/luxury.

https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-Recon-Flip-Over-Shelter-5000708/dp/B00XI1ESJM

DN

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5157 on: Jun 13, 2019, 11:24 AM »
octane battery deal. almost 50% off. all qualify for lsa because they are sold in a kit.
3ah, 6ah and 9ah and charger 179$

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-OCTANE-Battery-and-Charger-Kit-w-1-3-0-Ah-1-6-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-w-Bonus-Bluetooth-9-0-Ah-Battery-AC805-AC8400809/308861737

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5158 on: Jun 13, 2019, 12:32 PM »
octane battery deal. almost 50% off. all qualify for lsa because they are sold in a kit.
3ah, 6ah and 9ah and charger 179$

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-OCTANE-Battery-and-Charger-Kit-w-1-3-0-Ah-1-6-0-Ah-Battery-and-Charger-w-Bonus-Bluetooth-9-0-Ah-Battery-AC805-AC8400809/308861737
Nice package for several batteries.
Was hoping for the octane drill to have a fathers day package sale but didn't see on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.