Author Topic: Strikemaster lazer hand auger blade sizing  (Read 1403 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Strikemaster lazer hand auger blade sizing
« on: Jan 15, 2016, 08:13 AM »
Does anyone know if 7 inch blades will fit and 8 inch auger? I was told by someone that the 7 and 8 inch auger have the same flute/drill size, and that the 7 or 8 blades will fit interchangably screw holes will match up etc? Does anyone know for a fact this is true?
Salmonemia

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Strikemaster lazer hand auger blade sizing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2016, 08:59 AM »
If the mounting holes on the blades are the same size/distance apart it should work fine. If the flutes are too wide in the hole I'd fix that with a grinder. I'll customize tools without a second thought for what ever the need anytime. 

:tipup:
Lobes

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline fischer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2016, 07:45 PM »
I don't know about the lazer, but it is that way for the mora.

Offline caldwellite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2016, 08:10 PM »
  I have an OLD 8 inch lazer ond a 3 year old 7 inch lazer. It is hard to measure across flutes but both look like 6.5 inches. the blade holes look the same. I don't know about current made ones. I would like to know on the new 5 and 6 lazers also. I tried to get an answer from salesmen with no luck.

Offline redzmvt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2016, 06:51 PM »
  I have an OLD 8 inch lazer ond a 3 year old 7 inch lazer. It is hard to measure across flutes but both look like 6.5 inches. the blade holes look the same. I don't know about current made ones. I would like to know on the new 5 and 6 lazers also. I tried to get an answer from salesmen with no luck.

From what I seen,the lazer hand drills use 3 different size auger bodies.4" takes only 4" blades.5 and 6 interchange,also same with 7 and 8.

Offline willisdotcom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2016, 06:37 AM »
I just had to buy new blades for my 7 inch laser and i compared blade holes and they are all completely different so 7 and 8 aren't interchangeable and 5 and 6 neither.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.