Author Topic: strikemaster 4 stroke ?  (Read 743 times)

Offline Spark

• Team IceShanty Regular
strikemaster 4 stroke ?
« on: Feb 01, 2012, 03:19 PM »
I heard the new 4 strokes don't matter how you lay them down like the first one.  My ? is do the have a thing to upgrade the old ones? and if so about how much is it.

Thanks

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: strikemaster 4 stroke ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:20 PM »
 ??? Whaaat?

Offline Spark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2012, 07:51 PM »
The strike lite 4 stroke from a  couple years ago, when you layed them on the ice they had to lay with oil up? or the oil would run out I heard.  Now I hear the new ones out don't have this problem and was wondering if there was an upgrade for the old ones.  Maybe I'm confused. :-\

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2012, 03:33 PM »
Everytime someone lusts to try my IceGator I always warn them "when done, lay it down
on the flats on the handle" or all the electricity will run out.
Both my 5 year old and the newer Strikelite owner's manual recommends to lay it down on throttle side of the handle.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline steven girard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2012, 03:58 PM »
Why not  just let it up in a not finished hole? Of course it depend of how many icethick you have!

I'm now try to make something like an auger with both old eskimo 5'' drill and a 3.5hp tecumseh 4 stroke(mower motor) that nobody want, and just for fun, try to make something with that! Found that those motors can run below 0°, just  have to put synthetic or 5w30! Of course it's gonna be direct drive, but if it's working, it is better that put them in the trash!  :) I got enought ice here(around 20-30'') to let it up in a dry hole!
I was going to break a world record when the clock rang.....

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2012, 07:06 AM »
There is a stcker on my SL-II that says "When paying on handle, this side up" or something to that effect. PM oyler, he's a Strikemaster rep.

Offline Hesperus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2012, 08:17 AM »
Whenever you have a crankcase full of oil you will need to park with the cylinder up or the oil will seep past the rings and get above the piston. The only non position sensitive 4 strokes that I am aware of would be the Stihl 4-mix engines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.