Author Topic: Suffix Ice Fuse  (Read 866 times)

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
Suffix Ice Fuse
« on: Jan 26, 2011, 05:42 PM »
Originally posted this in the jigging section and got 50+ looks and no replies.Anyone using Suffix Ice Fuse line?

I currently use the Suffix Ice Braid and it is nice but still picks up a fair amount of ice but is nice an limp and does not hold memory.

I know the Fuse came out either late last year or this year but there has to be someone with it on their reels.

Thanks
J-

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Suffix Ice Fuse
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:13 PM »
I think/guess it's not high on anyone's list.  I notice it being rather ribbon like, like how old Fireline or Spiderwire Fusion were.  There's a stiffness and waxy feel to the line as well.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline MJS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2011, 06:49 PM »
I just put some of the performance line on my new bait casters and will be trying it out on Friday. It will be used for jigging for Walleye, I will post my thoughts this weekend. It's 6#.

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2011, 08:02 AM »
copy thanks guys

J-

Offline MJS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2011, 06:53 AM »
 So I did get out and try the line, seemed to be OK, this is the first time I've used a braided line. Good solid hook ups, only small walleye and trout, couldn't seem to find the bigger ones.
It was a warm day so not sure how it will do when it's real cold. And just like what slipperybob said it is flat and has a waxy feel to it.
 Any questions?

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:24 PM »
I use it as main line with a #3 lb suffix ice line bubbles coming the line show up on the marcum for a short time ,nice solid hook ups hangs straight off a fly reel as well as spinning reel. It did collect some ice at the entry point to the water but it did slide easy.Hope this helps Bob.

Live to fish forced to work

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.