The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: January 2020 ice fishing trip  (Read 1543 times)

Offline WhiskeyCreek

• IceShanty Rookie
January 2020 ice fishing trip
« on: Jul 15, 2019, 04:31 PM »
Usually do an annual boundary waters fishing trip in northern MN each year with some guys, but unfortunately vacations don't line up so instead I am looking at renting out a cabin in the Minocqua/Eagle River area in Mid-Jan for 3-4 nights. Probably 6-8 guys. Not serious fishermen, not looking to keep our limits... looking to spend some quality time with friends over a beer, brats, and tackling (or getting tackled) chasing down a tip up.

We have gone to LVD in year's past but I love the Minocqua area too much. Typically spend a week each summer camping with family near Sayner on the smaller lakes. Now looking to try my luck on hard water instead of the kayak!

Northern Pike on tip-ups provides entertainment for the majority and we do like to jig for perch and gills... some of the guys have not caught on to using flashers so they get bored pretty quick. That's where a good pike action comes into play!

Does anyone have any recommendations for lakes with good pike and panfish action between Minocqua and Eagle River? Thanks for the help!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
Re: January 2020 ice fishing trip
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2019, 08:23 AM »
If you guys are going after Pan fish, try Carol.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Usually do an annual boundary waters fishing trip in northern MN each year with some guys, but unfortunately vacations don't line up so instead I am looking at renting out a cabin in the Minocqua/Eagle River area in Mid-Jan for 3-4 nights. Probably 6-8 guys. Not serious fishermen, not looking to keep our limits... looking to spend some quality time with friends over a beer, brats, and tackling (or getting tackled) chasing down a tip up.

We have gone to LVD in year's past but I love the Minocqua area too much. Typically spend a week each summer camping with family near Sayner on the smaller lakes. Now looking to try my luck on hard water instead of the kayak!

Northern Pike on tip-ups provides entertainment for the majority and we do like to jig for perch and gills... some of the guys have not caught on to using flashers so they get bored pretty quick. That's where a good pike action comes into play!

Does anyone have any recommendations for lakes with good pike and panfish action between Minocqua and Eagle River? Thanks for the help!

Can't help you out with that area, but curious about the boundary waters! Were you doing winter trips up there? I really wanna get up there this winter for at least a 1 night trip in the hub shack.
Da Pack!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #3 on: Sep 04, 2019, 11:30 AM »
Can't help you out with that area, but curious about the boundary waters! Were you doing winter trips up there? I really wanna get up there this winter for at least a 1 night trip in the hub shack.

Ive done a few trips up and it's been Lake of the Woods, MN/US side. We stay and go out at Zipple Bay.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.