Author Topic: Need some fishing buddies, anyone down?  (Read 3252 times)

Offline icewolf

• IceShanty Rookie
Need some fishing buddies, anyone down?
« on: Nov 30, 2009, 09:15 PM »
Hey guys, So I'm semi-new to hard water but like to think I'm a pro at most other fishing. I just purchased the Clam Command Post and a ton of other gear. But I need some help. I don't have a flasher, can't figure out how to use a tip up, and seem to be missing the ice entirely. Glad I found a site where we can bullsh*t about where and what though. So anyway, I have a nice set up and lookin for someone to help me out. I'm definitely fun and will hold my own jiggin, but I'd also love to land some pike. Ok cool, hit me back
FISH ON!

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Need some fishing buddies, anyone down?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2009, 07:09 AM »
I'd be down to show you a few "tricks". I live up in Longmont and go all the time. We're heading up to a lake on Friday if your interested, we leave here @ 4am. We catch a ton of Trout, lakers, kokes, perch, white bass, and a few pike.
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline bring_back_the_NHL

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Take A Kid Fishing!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2009, 06:48 PM »
How do you like your clam command post? i am thinkin about pickin one up, but havent heard much about them. I would appreciate your opinion about it. thanks

Offline icewolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Hey guys, sorry. Just trying to figure out how to navigate this site. Hey thebigone, I'm down for Friday!! Shoot me a text or call;720-338-0953... What lake were you guys thinking? Let me know where and when to meet and I'll be happy to drive also. Let me know what you think I should bring. I have the Command Post too. Thanks, let's do this!! [email protected]
FISH ON!

Offline icewolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2009, 11:28 PM »
Hey NHL dude. The Command Post sets up in 60 seconds. I have all kinds of accessories too. Bass Pro is having their Ice Fishing Weekend this weekend. They're giving away the clam led with fan for free and other perks. Honestly, I did so much research why wouldn't you buy a hut that's twice the size and the same price. I got a cheap sled and it's pretty light. Compared side by side with Frabill's Headquarters and the clam is a tiny bit bigger and $50 cheaper. Fabric is the same quality too. If your thinking of buying one, hit me up and we'll set mine up for the first time. 720-338-0953 [email protected]
FISH ON!

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2009, 07:06 AM »
Hey guys, sorry. Just trying to figure out how to navigate this site. Hey thebigone, I'm down for Friday!! Shoot me a text or call;720-338-0953... What lake were you guys thinking? Let me know where and when to meet and I'll be happy to drive also. Let me know what you think I should bring. I have the Command Post too. Thanks, let's do this!! [email protected]
I think tomorrow we are going to try and stay local, with any luck we should a good 3-4" on the lakes in loveland.
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline Dr Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2009, 11:50 PM »
Hey Icewolf---If you care to come to Fort Collins, we have a lake about 10 miles north that is usually pretty good.  I will be there tomorrow(Sat 12/12) and also Sunday(12/13).  I've hardly ever been skunked there in the winter. The lake has wiper, walleye, trout, perch, and pike.  Today was the first safe day that anyone could fish.  Hopefully, the ice will now last until the end of January at least, but it is supposed to warm up in the coming week.  Come on down!  If you are interested, I will send you my phone number.

Offline icewolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2009, 11:13 PM »
Hey Dr Hook,

looks like I jumped back on this site too late. I would love to get your number and hook up some time in Ft Collins. It's much closer than most places. I'll check back as often as I can.
Thanks for your reply man
Mike
FISH ON!

Offline Dr Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2009, 11:19 PM »
Hey Icewolf:  We are hoping to fish this weekend and possibly next week also.  I haven't checked the lake since Sunday, but I think there is still safe ice.  I hope to get out there tomorrow(Fri 12/18) to see how it looks.  I'll post tomorrow night.

Offline Dr Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2009, 09:07 AM »
 We fished Douglas yesterday.  Nothing to brag about, just a couple little ones.  There is still real good ice there, about 6+ inches.

Offline IceBuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Hey Icewolf---If you care to come to Fort Collins, we have a lake about 10 miles north that is usually pretty good.  I will be there tomorrow(Sat 12/12) and also Sunday(12/13).  I've hardly ever been skunked there in the winter. The lake has wiper, walleye, trout, perch, and pike.  Today was the first safe day that anyone could fish.  Hopefully, the ice will now last until the end of January at least, but it is supposed to warm up in the coming week.  Come on down!  If you are interested, I will send you my phone number.

Dr. Hook, just curious of the the lake you are referring too N. of Ft. Collins.

Offline Dr Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 25, 2009, 08:58 PM »
That would be Douglas Reservoir

Offline IceBuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:28 PM »
Dr. Hook.  I figured it was Douglas but you truly never know until you ask.  Any luck the last week or so?  I'm usually in search of some healthy perch, crappies, and eyes.  Fishing Boyd and Loveland have been pretty boring lately.

Offline Dr Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:14 PM »
I've fished 3 days there in trhe last week.  It has been real slow.  I have caught a ton of small perch and sunfish, but nothing worth keeping.  I was there on Sunday afternoon.  It started snowing real heavy and the trout really started biting.  Caught a lot of stockers, but only 3 keepers.  One of the keepers was 17".  Nothing to brag about yet, but we will be trying it again tomorrow(1/6).  Tried Lon Hagler last weekend also, but only caught 2 small rainbows

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:43 PM »
What ever you do.... don't drive 65-70 MPH across Boyd Lake in a 72 Vega on 6" of ice. It is really tough to stop when you finally see the open water....

You guys ever fish Pinewood, Carter, Dowdy or Chambers?

Offline ducky540

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2010, 01:59 PM »
I don't think ice fishing is allowed at Pinewood or Carter due to the rapid changing water levels at both.

Offline Tyler Ray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2010, 05:15 PM »
i went by carter and pinewood last week. no ice on carter and pinewood was posted for unsafe ice.

Offline IceBuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:20 PM »
How about horsetooth?

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 06, 2010, 11:09 PM »
We used to catch some pretty decent eyes at Horsetooth. North end by the cliffs.

We used to fish Pinewood in the winter by the inlet. Water was open back then.

Also used to catch pike in Horseshoe. I bet it is all houses now....was open fields back then (1976-81). Also used to fish all night at the inlet to Lake Loveland on the rocks. Really nice pike and some cats.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:02 AM »
Ice fishing isn't allowed on horsetooth either, although I heard some people still do it.

Offline IceBuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:22 PM »
I couldn't keep the eyes off in July.  I must have caught 50 one Friday afternoon.  What I thought was odd, I caught a couple real nice perch, and a couple huge gills on the eye jig I was using. 

I'm sure the South end bay would be safe and fun to fish but I would not like a fine...I may take a drive and check it out.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.