Author Topic: A couple browns on ice  (Read 1415 times)

Offline stephensonswille

• Team IceShanty Regular
A couple browns on ice
« on: Feb 02, 2013, 01:13 AM »
With temps in the single digits it was a bit hard to drift spawn under floats for steelhead and browns. So I thought it would be a good opportunity to get back on some ice but I wasn't about to change up the target fish. Packed the portable and a few jigging poles and away we went. After getting everything set up in 7' of water and the big buddy cranking out the btu's it was fishing time. So we lowered down a few small jigs and teardrops tipped with multiple waxies. In a matter of minutes a girl who joined us said "Oh look a fishy just swam by" so a few jigs of the rod and fish on, up came the 1st brown of 2013. After closer inspection noticed it had a green DNR tag. We rebaited and sent the teardrop back down the hole. In a matter of 5 minutes the same girl blurted out loud "That's a bigger fish than the last one" I looked down the hole to see a sizeable tail headed away a couple twitches of the rod and fish 2 was on the line. This one was a much larger fish and put up a great fight but still managed to pull brown number two thru the hole. Had a few other hits thru the afternoon on jawjackers set away from the shack but ended up losing them just below the ice. Hitting it again in the morning.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: A couple browns on ice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:46 AM »
Nice fish!

Offline nitram

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: A couple browns on ice
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2013, 11:08 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Got to love trout though the ice on rod and reel.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.