Author Topic: Maple Creek Ice Rescue Class  (Read 897 times)

Offline ryhof

• IceShanty Rookie
Maple Creek Ice Rescue Class
« on: Jan 23, 2019, 02:15 PM »
On Jan. 27th, Sunday afternoon,Leigh Fire Dept. will be doing ice rescue training on Maple Creek. Not sure on exact location on water yet, but we will be cutting a large hole to get in water with rescue suits on. If you’re there, you will see us, if you come after we’re done, the area will be marked. Please use caution next week not to go in that area. I will post exact location later.

Offline 12ICEFISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can't catch, if you don't fish!
Re: Maple Creek Ice Rescue Class
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2019, 02:23 PM »
Please do, and maybe even PM me. I'm planning a tournament there next Sunday the 3rd, and want to keep my peeps informed. I've discussed with Jeff M about this as well so I'm confident we'll be advised. Shoot according to the forecast, it probably won't be issue by then!
Herm Krepel

Offline ryhof

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2019, 10:31 PM »
We punched 2 holes directly to the west of the Picnic shelter North of boat dock. It’s just south of hiway. I am guessing with temps this week at or below zero that they will be healed up by Wednesday. We had around 20 people in the water training today from Leigh, Clarkson, Howells, Creston, and Wayne Volunteer Fire Departments.

Offline NyteOwl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2019, 11:10 AM »
I was there fishing on Sunday...and felt a lot better about being on the questionable ice when I saw the rescue training!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.