Author Topic: Snow on the lakes?  (Read 1246 times)

Offline A.France

• IceShanty Rookie
Snow on the lakes?
« on: Dec 28, 2009, 09:49 AM »
Has much of the snow blown off the lakes or is remaining on the lakes? I have been off visiting family and have not had a chance to get out.

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Snow on the lakes?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Zorinsky last night (12/27) had 6-8 for the most part, some more some less.  Was light enough to make it harder to pull thru. 

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:39 PM »
And Prarie View had not much snow on it on Monday, at least clear enough you could find an ice only path to where you want to fish.  It was still blowing with the wind though, so it may change a bit.   

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2009, 09:36 PM »
Up here....not good.  Can't be...I haven't been out but I'm sure it's bad.  Boji is 12-15" all over from the word of casual observers.  Chains and ATV...hate doing that after Christmas.  Should be fishing from the window of my truck.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2009, 12:16 AM »
I went out today, to scout the lakes for tuesdays outing, and here are my findings.  Standing bear had one guy out by the boat dock, and he had to dig out an area in the snow to set his pop up into.  The lot was well cleared, but there was a ton of snow on the lake, no exposed ice.  There was a nice mound of snow in the lot you would have to navigate to get onto the water.  doesn't look like much fun to drag a shack through.  Wherspann had a nicely cleared lot, (new in the last couple of days), and a few guys out but nobody in the usual spots, as people were probably not wanting to drag their gear all the way across the lake.  Lots of snow. some exposed ice but very little.  Walnut Creek had very little exposed ice, and had three or four shacks.  These guys were either terribly determined and drug their gear through the thick snow or maybe the snow wasn't as thick as it looked.  Anyway...  that is what I know.  Headed to Standing bear tomorrow to see if the stocker trout are hungry yet.  Be out there at noon if anybody is headed that way.  I will be in my pakshack tomorrow.   
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:52 AM »
Looks like I better get the sled running ;D
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:22 PM »
Willow tonight...described as "walkable...even nice for traction.  No probs."   That was text I got from my "scout" that fished there this afternoon.  :-)
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:12 PM »
Summit on tues had some snow, some rough ice, and not too many areas with more than a 3-4 inches of semi hard snow.  The road however is not open, its good on the north side, but you cant get around into the park.  Followed some tracks through some deep snow until they ended, then decided not to pushed it and park and made the long haul. 

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2009, 12:08 AM »
Got back from standing bear tonight at about 7:00.  Fished well past dark, got there about 1:00 this afternoon.  Sat on buckets, and drilled holes until the vex marked some fish.  Even weasel'd a couple of holes that were left out there by some guys who fished it earlier.  I was always told the bite started at about three o'clock out there.  I threw the dang ol' kitchen sink at this lake, and fished everything from eight to eighteen feet, and every bait,jig and lure I had with me.  Not even a nibble until dark, and it was on a minnow, two guys and one fish.  I believe it was a wiper???  Does that sound right???  Anyway, some guys in the cove caught some gills, but nothing of much size.  What the heck???!!  Not a sign of trout...  not even a dink gill.  Anybody got any advice? 

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Oh yeah, lots of semi crusty snow.  3-4 inches at Standing bear.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.