The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Chanberlin lake finally buttoning up  (Read 553 times)

Offline allagashking

• Team IceShanty Regular
Chanberlin lake finally buttoning up
« on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:08 AM »
Went to the gash Thursday lows  in the teens,Friday nite rained turned to snow got maybee inch good want lake to freeze.Sat.nite low of 4 degrees :)went from 5 and a half inches of ice to 7 0r eight in places wardens flew over said still some open spots we checked ice every where we went witch wasn't far.He also saidsome daring folks staying in sporting camps up lake went all way up to eagle,big sacks there,heard they said at eighty miles a hour doesn't matter only few inches of ice,sorry I've got a family to come home too.With cold spell this week think lake should be fine except for problem area inlet outlets springs.Oh on the fishing was OK three of us caught 17 brookies stayed near shore ,biggest 17 inches my son caught one of the study brookies with the transmitters in it was the 17 incher real fat.also caught 6 laker's and a few whites.If you want a little extra action bring a rifle and nite hunting permit a pile of dogs up there,found four deer kills on lake since first day and thats what is on lake in site.My son got lucky enough to get two large males,i missed on my turn we shoot at four and sawmany more but couldn't get shots at them.caution know your target and whats behind it ,I've been traveling up here a long time.still very good weekend all in all,going back this weekend try to keep everyone posted on conditions.Good luck   ARNIE
arnie may your bait allways be under the ice.

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
Re: Chanberlin lake finally buttoning up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:18 AM »
Good update Arnie, sounds like a productive weekend. Four deer kills already........that's not so good. Glad you're thinning out the coyote population though. Good luck this coming weekend.  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.