The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Waiting for that ice  (Read 2094 times)

Offline brookiespecial

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get your lines wet
Waiting for that ice
« on: Dec 02, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Up here at Unity College...and I can't wait for the ice in this area. Anybody have any info on this area? I fished 3 mile pond last year, and plan on hitting that hard. Anywhere else worth a try? Thanks!

Justin
There's no such thing as a "Bait To Big"

Sir Catchalot

Re: Waiting for that ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2005, 12:20 PM »
That depends on how far you are willing to travel...I am at umaine and there are quite a few good lakes/ponds within half an hour of here

I know that Piper pond on map 31 B-3 of the gazette is good for splake, Wasookeag on map 32 D-1 is good for salmon, (and brookies?)...and then you are next to the Belgrades for pike (all the ponds west of Waterville)

On a side note I know a kid from unity college named Justin...I think he is a first or second year student though (hardcore into fishing) PM me if you are interested

Offline brookiespecial

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get your lines wet
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2005, 12:26 PM »
Hey...his name isnt Justin Douglas is it? If so, we've become good friends, and we nicknamed him Giggles for obvious reasons. Ya, would love to hook up and catch some of those salmon and brookies ou were mentioning. We can talk as time gets closer!!

Justin Blouin

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2005, 12:29 PM »
yeh thats him alright...I went to school with his brother and hunted/fished with them all the time

sweet deal, what a small world!

Offline icefishmaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2005, 09:25 PM »
hey brookiespecial, hows college? you would know me as Maineflyfish19 from FFIM. we should def. try and get out on the ice this winter. let me know if their are any class A ponds that have ice up there in the next few weeks. i would like to get out there pretty soon here. let me know.

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Shouldn't be a very long wait for the ice in the Augusta area.  I would be out cutting test holes this weekend, but can't make it out because I'll be going to see my sick Mom in NY.  Should be doing some cutting soon after I get back, 14th or so.

Jim C.

Offline brookiespecial

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get your lines wet
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2005, 12:44 PM »
Maineflyfish, good to hear back from ya. This makes 2 years in a row that we did not hit the water, maybe the ice this year!!! As far as class A ponds, I am not sure. I do know a spot or two that I am definately going to spend some time. I thoght you were coming up here to go to school! Lemme know guy. Jim, I dont know where you plan on cutting holes, but here in Unity, there is no ice to be found! Keep me posted! Thanks boys!

Justin Blouin

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 05, 2005, 12:52 PM »
Justin, Berry Pond in Winthrop was 100% ice covered over Thanksgiving weekend. I was tempted, but decided against it.  That ice went with the next thaw anyway, but it won't be long now for the small, shallow ponds.  Now that my life insurance premium is paid, my wife is really encouraging me to fish.

Jim, I dont know where you plan on cutting holes, but here in Unity, there is no ice to be found! Keep me posted! Thanks boys!

Justin Blouin

Offline brookiespecial

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get your lines wet
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2005, 02:10 PM »
Oh, thats pretty cool. These last few days have been quite chilly, so we will see some ice soon I am sure. Jim, your not any Maine Fly Fishing sites are you?

Justin Blouin

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Yes, Justin.  I do post on the flyfishing sites.  I believe we've chatted before about Andro smallies?

Oh, thats pretty cool. These last few days have been quite chilly, so we will see some ice soon I am sure. Jim, your not any Maine Fly Fishing sites are you?

Justin Blouin

Offline brookiespecial

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get your lines wet
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Possible Jim, very possible. The one Jim I can remember by name is Jim Carter....anways, unity is not far from Augusta/Winthrop, I can see some days on the lake Jim. Keep me posted!

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2005, 02:56 PM »
Will do!

Possible Jim, very possible. The one Jim I can remember by name is Jim Carter....anways, unity is not far from Augusta/Winthrop, I can see some days on the lake Jim. Keep me posted!

Offline icefishmaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2005, 05:59 PM »
Justin,
  lol i know, we've been talking about hitting the water for a while now but we def. need to get out on the ice. if i go to Unity it will be next year, im still finishing up my senior year of high school. i actually sent in my application to unity yesterday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.