The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Anoyne use Triptracks to keep track of their fishing??  (Read 1159 times)

Sir Catchalot

I do to a certain extent...but then I have trouble remembering who caught what and so on...

From what I understand its a pretty good tool for the DIFW

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
Re: Anoyne use Triptracks to keep track of their fishing??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2005, 12:19 PM »
I still make my reports using IF&W's old paper log books.  They are still more than happy to take the paper books.  Yes, IF&W gets some very good data from the books.  They often call me wiith questions about my data. The data has shown them things like the spread of exotic species (like crappies) to new waters, stocked fish like splake esacping the ponds they are stocked in and entering rivers, etc.  If you fill out the books right after your trips, the data will be accurate.  It's a fair amount of work if you fish 100 trips a year, but worth the effort.

Jim C.

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2005, 04:06 PM »
I still make my reports using IF&W's old paper log books.  They are still more than happy to take the paper books.  Yes, IF&W gets some very good data from the books.  They often call me wiith questions about my data. The data has shown them things like the spread of exotic species (like crappies) to new waters, stocked fish like splake esacping the ponds they are stocked in and entering rivers, etc.  If you fill out the books right after your trips, the data will be accurate.  It's a fair amount of work if you fish 100 trips a year, but worth the effort.

Jim C.

Are you ready???  ;) ;)

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2005, 10:55 AM »

Are you ready???  ;) ;)

Oh yeah!!  I have my list of spots to revisit or check for the 1st time.  I'll keep you posted and look forward to fishing with you again.  I've kept myself real busy on open water this year  ;D

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:17 AM »
I have thought about keeping a journal or trip tracker but I dont know if I would keep it up. I think it would be started and then dropped as I started to fish heavier and more areas

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:22 AM »
yeh, I know what you are talking about.  We keep a personal diary with pictures and stuff, once we get home we write down all the events for that trip, and then later we transfer it into the "big book".  As of right now I think we are 2 years behind on the transferring part!  ;)

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2005, 04:09 PM »
NEVER REALLY KEPT TRACK< I SUPPOSE IF IT MAKES FISHING BETTER IN THE FUTURE THEN I MIGHT GIVE ER A TRY.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.