The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: 32 days and counting  (Read 941 times)

Offline crappe

• IceShanty Rookie
32 days and counting
« on: Nov 30, 2005, 12:18 PM »
well im ready this year bought 2 new sleds and brand new trailer and frabble 3 man.Cant wait

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
Re: 32 days and counting
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2005, 12:39 PM »
?????????  32 days for what?  You cannot ice fish before the 1st of Jan or is this just for "Gamefish Species"?  I would end up killin' someone if I had safe ice and couldn't get on it? 
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Sir Catchalot

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2005, 12:48 PM »
Yeh, I definitely hope to get out and work the kinks out on the warmwater species a few times before the first!

I find that by practicing I miss less fish then going out and starting right in on the fish I care more about catching...bass fishing is about the best I have found to get you into shape because they actually act like trout/salmon.  ;)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:24 PM »
?????????  32 days for what?  You cannot ice fish before the 1st of Jan or is this just for "Gamefish Species"?  I would end up killin' someone if I had safe ice and couldn't get on it? 

maines laws are very specific to each body of water so it just depends on what your fishing for steve. a panfish guy like yourself would very happy as soon as ice forms on any class A waters!

- Look for the name of the water you wish to fish. IF IT IS NOT LISTED, it is CLOSED until January 1 and then open to ice fishing for all fish from January 1 through March 31. (All brooks, streams and rivers are closed to ice fishing unless specifically opened by rule. Any that are open WILL be listed.)

If the water you wish to fish IS listed, the letter code in bold print will direct you to the rules which are in effect. The meanings of the letter codes are as follows:

A: Open to ice fishing for all fish except salmon, trout, togue and bass from the time ice forms in the fall until December 31; and then open to ice fishing for all fish from January 1 through March 31.

B: Closed to fishing until January 1 and then open to ice fishing for all fish from January 1 through March 31.

C: Closed to ice fishing.

S: Special regulation(s) in effect.  (Note: Special regulations  may restrict the general provisions set forth for A and B waters.)

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2005, 10:00 AM »
My average start day around Augusta has been 12/18.  Action is fast and furious on nearly every December trip.  Makes it hard to walk away from 50 fish days for much slower trout and salmon catches.

Jim C.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.