Author Topic: So who got lucky?  (Read 3942 times)

Offline -ADKIceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get Some....
So who got lucky?
« on: Feb 14, 2007, 12:25 PM »
So who got lucky and got the day off?

I was just pulling out of my driveway and my boss called to say our office was closed!! whoooohooooo ;D ;D ;D
--------------------
Rob K out!

15lb. mono leader for me!

"Its all in how you wiggle your worm!"

Offline icefishermanmark

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: So who got lucky?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2007, 12:27 PM »
I'm from Michigan, but no school today!!  Blowing snow and temps below 10 degrees made the roads impossible to clear, and the temps made the salt useless!!
Some fishermen sit at home during the winter dreaming about fishing.  The real ones go out and do it.

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2007, 12:56 PM »
Thought you were asking " who got lucky"  because it's Valentines Day! :o

Offline -ADKIceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get Some....
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2007, 01:08 PM »
Thought you were asking " who got lucky"  because it's Valentines Day! :o

you kidding me bud... I am married with 2 little ones.... THATS A BIG NOT!!!!! :o :o :o  :(
--------------------
Rob K out!

Offline icefishermanmark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2007, 01:14 PM »

you kidding me bud... I am married with 2 little ones.... THATS A BIG NOT!!!!! :o :o :o  :(

:D :D :D
Some fishermen sit at home during the winter dreaming about fishing.  The real ones go out and do it.

Offline DonW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2007, 02:00 PM »

Married with 4!! Gotta agree with ya on that one!! LOL!! ;D
Tight Lines,
DonW

Offline MacEnvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Just left work - they let us out early because they're starting to close the roads around here.  So I guess I was half lucky.

Unfortunately my wife works at the same place I do and she said, "Oh good, now we can spend the afternoon together!"

I really wanted to get out on the ice this afternoon!  It being Valentine's Day I suppose that was wishful thinking though ...

Offline SLH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Just left work - they let us out early because they're starting to close the roads around here.  So I guess I was half lucky.

Unfortunately my wife works at the same place I do and she said, "Oh good, now we can spend the afternoon together!"
I really wanted to get out on the ice this afternoon!  It being Valentine's Day I suppose that was wishful thinking though ...

So, how many fish did she catch????????

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Got lucky on the work and school front.  UVM closed at noon, but my professors had emailed me by 7:30 saying they were cancelling.  I work in one of the outpatient clinics in the hospital and most patients rescheduled yesterday so no work either.  Been napping, studying running the snowblower, napping (did I mention too, that I have been napping?).  My wife, on the other hand had to work today.  Picking her up at 8 tonight should be an adventure :blink:

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Hey Rob , whats up ? Depends what you call lucky ? Yeah , like alot of Upstaters I was lucky enough to get the day off . And lucky enough to get to take my son to his Doctors appt ! NOT lucky enough to have the day off and sneak to the King for a few hours though .  :'( Thats ok , work one more day and Lucky to have a four day weekend up North with the guys on the ice  :)  :tipup: :tipup:
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2007, 04:13 PM »
I got lucky last week.  A water main in town froze; so the school where I teach  didn't have water for a day.  We got the afternoon off, and I went fishing.

Offline Fishalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2007, 04:35 PM »
I would definitely throw down some $$$$ on a babysitter if I were you ;)
Why is she willing? :tipup:
Let the little one\\\\\\\'s grow

Offline scansy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Diehard Fan
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2007, 05:15 PM »
I'm self employed and work out of my house. :'(

I tried to convince my boss that the snow was too deep on the stairs, but he wasn't buying it. :'(

Maybe I should offer to take him ice fishing. ;)
Keep the tradition alive - take a kid hunting, trapping and fishing!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2007, 07:41 PM »
It's just cool here...it's warmed up quite a bit compared to a week ago...this weekend we'll just be several degrees below average rather than 15.  I'm on a training course all this week and 4 days next week, so it's kind of like a holiday from work...overtime all day Sunday though, so fishing isn't likely to happen.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline -ADKIceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get Some....
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2007, 09:42 PM »
Hey Rob , whats up ? Depends what you call lucky ? Yeah , like alot of Upstaters I was lucky enough to get the day off . And lucky enough to get to take my son to his Doctors appt ! NOT lucky enough to have the day off and sneak to the King for a few hours though .  :'( Thats ok , work one more day and Lucky to have a four day weekend up North with the guys on the ice  :)  :tipup: :tipup:

hey bud... knock them dead this weekend. I.L. got 35" of powder today in this latest dump. Let me know how you guys do
--------------------
Rob K out!

Offline cagetrapper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta Love the Vexilar FL 18:
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:14 AM »
Yesterday, which was Monday Feb: 14th, I was going to School to get the bus started and warmed up when I got a call from my Secretary at 5:26am, Beth said that there was "NO School" today...

Hot Dog....So, I went out for Breakfast, Took extra long, Just Long enough so the wife would be gone, and came back home to get dressed up a bit, and went Fishing.

Went to Emmonds Lake...I saw them down there, but they just wouldn't bite..

Someones got to come up w/ a tool that'll make them bite your hook.

Stan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.