Author Topic: Little Buddy Heaters (where do you put them)?  (Read 3764 times)

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Little Buddy Heaters (where do you put them)?
« on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:19 AM »
I just got my first flip over shack (Inferno Wide 1).  I have one of those Little Buddy Heaters that sit on top the 1lber's.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/mr-heater-little-buddy-heater/715121.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dlittle%252Bbuddy%26x%3D10%26y%3D6%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%252BProducts&Ntt=little+buddy

I know I want to put the heater behind me in the sled, not in front because that is where my dog will be on days cold enough to use the heater.

What have you guys done to make sure the heater doesn't tip over behind you?  Mount it to the sled somehow?
If you want a country run by religion....Move to Iran.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Little Buddy Heaters (where do you put them)?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:29 AM »
that's a toughy!

if you really do want to mount it behind you, use a length of 3" pvc to put the 1# tank in and either mount the pvc to the tub or to some thing else like a length of wood that can come out if you drill it into the plastic sled with wing nuts maybe.
or make a full sized plywood base for the sled so you can run a bolt up and into a pvc cap/cover and then drop your 1# into that. some thing in this line should get you going!

i use mine in front of me so i can get the heat to where i want it and that's my face and hands after being out in the cold wind and want to warm up fast.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:31 AM »
Make a bracket that you can attach to the rear seat bar ...add two screws to that add on bar and hang your Buddy heater from the slots on the rear of heater ...just make sure your house is anchored at all times .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:38 AM »
I like what Dave does here, might see if I can do something similar.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:39 AM »
My bad ...

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Monovasia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:40 AM »
On the shelf in the Bayrunner: 

....there is a real nice mod for you FLIP guys that Dave Genz has on a youtube video.... a nice simple solution

Offline smbrickner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2015, 10:42 AM »

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2015, 11:25 AM »
you said to mount the "little buddy mr heater" that sits on the 1# gas bottle.
that it their round head model, so the other methods don't work. the other models have hook points in the back flat section to hang them from.  they stand on their own base. i have the next model up from yours and the one you use. that's called a mr heater portable heater (single tank). the next model up is the mr heater big buddy heater (dual tanks).

you will need a tube mount more than likely unless some one knows another way. another way i just thought of is a Y type of hanger like for hanging garage items that might fit just over where the head twists onto the tank. the tube method will be the most secured method tho. make sure it has bends facing up some to keep it from slipping off. find the rubber coated ones. maybe sears or harbor freight.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.