Author Topic: Anyone heard of a recent record breaking pike??  (Read 2464 times)

Reelinrolly

Anyone heard of a recent record breaking pike??
« on: Feb 18, 2004, 06:26 PM »
Just heard that a record pike was caught somewhere up north...apparently there was a write up in the paper....does anyone know anything about this.....up in northern ontario......

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Cant feel what fingers? You still got fingers?
Re: Anyone heard of a recent record breaking pike??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2004, 06:32 PM »
State record for Maine 2 weeks ago................... .....
I wish I was in heaven sittin down..........on a 5 gallon pail!

Reelinrolly

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2004, 11:01 AM »
sorry I was misinformed..someone told me that a record pike was caught in owen sound...but that apparently is wrong...sorry guys

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2004, 03:35 PM »
Post a addy or a picture will ya and give some details about this monster pike...Did it have a 20 inch perch in the belly? rofl tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

acsacmboy

« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2004, 05:53 PM »
Kesagami lake had a monster caught about the 5th of June 2003. 85 year old man witha  walleye rod and a 1/4 ounce jig. 54 inches. but i belive it was bigger because they said it had 2 inches of tail sticking out of the 52 inch cradle. the cradle is 52 inches long and about 1 foot deep. shouldve added about 3-4 more inches because its head was at one end, bowing its tail up and over the edge to get two inches. im confident in saying it was 56 min. and 59 max. he said it was about 38 pounds. thats a big fish. caught on video but we did not see it.

any one interested on going? talk to me and i can give information to you. website is http://www.kesagami.com/contents.htm .

personally i caught a 44, 41 and 2 40's while my father got a 41 and a 40. countless 35-39 inch fish. great walleye fishing. been documented that you can get over 300 a day. our most was about 100.

iceman04

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2004, 12:29 PM »
maine state record muskie caught not too long ago . . . . 27 pounds i think . . .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.