Canada > Ice Fishing Ontario

Simcoe Perch are biting good again..

(1/1)

Germ:
Well boyz just to let ya know they are there and they are biting...
Couple tricks to try for the morning bite...
Do the bucket Trick...
Place your Rod on the bucket and watch for the slight hits....
When the bite is lite I myself cant feel the bites even on fire line and a light action rod... but u can actually see the bites if you place it still on the bucket and  watch the tip slightly go down.. then grab her fast and hook set,... lol...
Im using what i call mini-micro- hooks.. maybe half a centimetre long. and i put 2 maggots on...
Split shot up 6 inches and  have that set up like 10 inches from the bottom... Works like a charm...
Lots of real dinks out there but maybe a nice one in every 20?? something like that... anyhow on your second rod throw something bigger for the bigguns to mess with as well... Or Try for Whties with a tip up...
Thers lots of whities kicking in front of Oldhomestead right now././  So throw on a spreader and get one before wednesday nite lol...

If you want the Whities though in numbers before season ends.. Then head out like 2 miles out from Willow beach...
Park at willow beach park and walk out... Bring boots casue the water will be up ...
if you need some sort of marker to line up for best fishing then make sure your inbewteen the 2 islands... as far out from them as you are from shore ... that will put you into the hot action zone.// or if you can .. thers a nice pressure crack out there./.. just walk to you hit the biggest crack... should take you like 35 to 40 mins walk?? and your at the grounds... anyhow...  bring cleets./..
Tight lines all!!!

krustydawg:
Germ,
    Had a great time at Simcoe Perch fishing, most perch were on the small side but it was nice to hit the ice one last time.  Nice to meet the infamous Spudzie.  Couldn't ask for a more beautiful day than this past Saturday, compared to the hurricane we were in the day before. 
    Thank you for all your help this ice fishing season we have memories that will last a lifetime.  Looking forward to making a couple trips a year from here on out.  You and the wife are more than welcome to come to the the Buckeye State and visit us. Plenty of things to do in the area during the summertime Cedar Point, Water Parks, and I almost forgot about the fishing on Lake Erie ! LOL ! 
     Be careful the rest of the ice season and hope to see ya sometime this summer, if not PM me when first ice hits Simcoe next season !  Tight Lines !

Krustydawg

Germ:
Yes ... i
Will for sure Let ya know when first ice bite is going on...Then maybe you can get into some of those slobs.....
AS far as making it down your way... Thank you very much for the invite... Don't know if i would ever make it lol... But stranger things have happened:>: Would have to be some sort of make up sale for my wife to want to travel that far...JJ..
Was great to fish with you guys again its always a great time and such a blast... By the way did you ever Drill those holes for me??? Im still waiting lol!!!!!
ROFL lol
Anyhow hope to see you for sure next year!!!  Untill then ill be  trying to get as much fishing on the ice as i can... I leave in 40 mins to go out today for perch Tommorow for whities and next day for whities then perch perch perch!!!1
Tight lines man

krustydawg:
Give me a half hour then I'll drill those holes, I'm still winded from drilling the previous hole ! (Next year I will have a gas auger)  LOL!  Good luck, post your results so I can be jealous, then I will do the same when we start catching the hawg walleye's in Erie.  Take care and have great Spring / Summer / Fall.  See ya in 9 or 10 months !

Krustydawg

Germ:
Couldnt pay for a bite lol
Tried the SAmne holes u were in i was in the ones i was in previous the ones later the ones Toni was in... some other ones and nada... So i left lol
Spent maybe 2 hours using all sorts of techniqes and caught 2
So anyhow ill be out wednesday (tommoroiw) and see what happens lol
See ya in 9 months lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version