Author Topic: Leesburg gravel pit  (Read 12639 times)

Offline Bobber85

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Leesburg gravel pit
« Reply #30 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:10 AM »
Yes Dylan was his name , my name is Dustin . He actually tried to get me to come and pic him up and get me to pay all expenses to fish one day .. very tragic and gives me a bad feeling in my gut that someone has lost there life doing what they love ! But yes commen since is at fault here .

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #31 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:15 AM »
Just want to get one thing cleared up here, did this happen on Saturday or Sunday, the truck that I seen was out there on Saturday at 11 o'clock all by itself

Offline Dieselcamo97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:36 AM »
Im Dylan Bellamy, I'm the one that started the gravel pit stuff that's me.

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:44 AM »
Sad day for two families.  :'(  Wouldn't surprise me if they close it off to the public after this tragedy.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #34 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:53 AM »
Just want to get one thing cleared up here, did this happen on Saturday or Sunday, the truck that I seen was out there on Saturday at 11 o'clock all by itself

as of the latest...they appeared to be missing friday night....
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:57 AM »
just heard the airboat has left the gravel pit.  Co's and sheriffs headed back to Warsaw.

Offline Dieselcamo97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:59 AM »
I know I got a lot of the people thinking I was lying about the size of the fish in there but I wasn't and I'm still not. There are true 13" gill in there!!

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:02 PM »
I know I got a lot of the people thinking I was lying about the size of the fish in there but I wasn't and I'm still not. There are true 13" gill in there!!

It's time to be done with the gravel pit and the size of the fish.  I'm not sure anyone cares anymore. 

Offline Dieselcamo97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:06 PM »
Okay. All I was doing was confirming that I was not in fact lying nor have I lied about the gravel pit. I've fished it for years so don't start yelling at me when all I was doing was stating a fact. Thanks.

Offline AlgaeKilla

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:24 PM »
Grow up, kid, people are dead. No one cares.
Photobucket can suck it

Offline Dieselcamo97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Me grow up? All I did was state a fact

Offline The real Fire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:35 PM »
http://www.21alive.com/news/local/DNR-searching-for-person-who-may-have-fallen-through-ice-369596171.html

Sorry to hear. I have learned from here that a spud bar is the most important tool for ice fishing. I will never venture on ice without one.
You can't buy happiness,  but u can buy fishing gear and that's kinda the same thing.

Offline Kinger53

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:41 PM »
This one really hits home with me.  I was just fishing out there a week ago!  One would certainly think that you'll never be able to fish out there again after this tragedy.  Most importantly, we need to remember and pray for the family and loved ones, I can't imagine.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #43 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:50 PM »
Me grow up? All I did was state a fact

Yes you..."grow up" is a kind way of telling you what most think of your antics here.  2 people are dead and you are still claiming fish that don't exist there and never have looking for attention.   This is not the time or the place to bring back up your childish games and lies. 

Offline Crappie_Killer_54

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG
« Reply #44 on: Feb 22, 2016, 12:52 PM »
Sad day for two families.  :'(  Wouldn't surprise me if they close it off to the public after this tragedy.
.                    It's already was closed

Offline Dieselcamo97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:31 PM »
Wax worm, you have never fished there I guarantee it. So don't say anything when u have no clue.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:33 PM »
My point made clear. What one persons truly beliefs can be taken as a joke/humor by others. I know I'm taking this very unlikely replying to posts possible contributing to making bad decisions, but there are those that see and hear things differently.   

Offline Dieselcamo97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Yeah. I have seen and caught HUGE fill out of there.. That's all I was and I am saying. Just because they haven't seen and caught what I have doesn't mean they should take it out on me.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:43 PM »
I'm Truly Sorry. I feel now that I disrespected the men that died and also to Dylan for starting this thread back up and asking about names. Dylan please accept my apology and i ask that no replies are added.

Offline fishinpo1e1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 22, 2016, 01:51 PM »
Yeah. I have seen and caught HUGE fill out of there.. That's all I was and I am saying. Just because they haven't seen and caught what I have doesn't mean they should take it out on me.
LEESBURG — The body of the second individual who fell through the ice at a Leesburg quarry has been recovered.

Dustin Reaker (Photo provided by Eric Pinkerton)
Dustin Reaker (Photo provided by Eric Pinkerton)
Allen Shattler, 41, Dowagiac, Mich., was located at approximately 11 a.m. this morning and recovered from the quarry around noon today, Feb. 22, according to Kosciusko County Coroner Tony Cirello. The first individual Dustin Reaker, 29, Bremen, was recovered at 7 p.m. Sunday.

Cirello stated both Stattler and Dustin Reaker, 29, Bremen, were found in approximately 20 feet of water and appear to have fallen into the water at the same time.

The investigation revealed at Reaker and Statler possibly went ice fishing Friday evening, Feb. 19, and never returned.

Indiana Conservation Officers, along with the Kosciusko County Dive Team and Warsaw Dive Team began their search and recovery Sunday afternoon at which time Reaker’s body was recovered. The search resumed this morning.

Witnesses found ice fishing equipment on the ice next to a large hole and reported it to law enforcement. A second witness stated the fishing equipment had been out there all day. Indiana Conservation Officers responded to he scene and located evidence someone had fallen through.

The quarry is located on private property owned by Phend & Brown Inc., at 76 W. 600N, Leesburg.

North Webster and Leesburg fire departments were contacted to provide sleds for officers to go out onto the ice. Turkey Creek Fire Territory was also called for use of their airboat.

Members of the Kosciusko County Dive Team load up on back of a conservation officers truck to travel down to the gravel pit pond to begin their dive search for a potential victim. (Photos by Deb Patterson)
Members of the Kosciusko County Dive Team load up on back of a conservation officer’s truck to travel down to the gravel pit pond to begin their dive search for a potential victim. (Photos by Deb

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:10 PM »
Wax worm, you have never fished there I guarantee it. So don't say anything when u have no clue.

I don't have to have fished there to know you are telling lies and are a disrespectful person for bringing it back up in a tragic thread about 2 people losing their lives.  Many others have fished there and none back your immature and stupid claims of buckets of 12 -13" gills.  Show some respect to the deceased and please, for your own good, just go away until next year.

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #51 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:18 PM »
Dylan,you've made your point, if what you post doesn't encourage,then move on,this topic is for mature grown men who desire to learn from this so we can all be a better example to our fellow ice fishermen,and if you have something you want to contribute,then feel welcome ,don't defend what you posted in the past! I'm persuaded of better things,hopefully this will help you, just take a deep breath and you'll be fine

Offline Dieselcamo97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:28 PM »
Bigr I respect you for that brother, I totally forgive u too. I just get tired of no one believing me. I have the fish in my freezer to prove it... Thanks

Offline izzy65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:30 PM »
Nicely said Pac

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #54 on: Feb 22, 2016, 02:34 PM »
maybe the bass in there are so big the guys didnt fall thru... but just a bass busting up thru ice and taking them like a frog in the slop!!!!
(thats how i would want to go)

seriously, we all have ventured where we probly shouldnt have been!  i have done so myself and beside others while doing it.  two adults making adult choices doing what they love.   it is a shame but it does happen, learn from it.  these guys pushed it a bit to far.

thoughts to their families..
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #55 on: Feb 22, 2016, 05:21 PM »
                          Not trying to fan the flames, but I never seen a picture of said fish on a ruler, my thoughts go out to the familys involved!

Offline chevy hillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 22, 2016, 06:29 PM »
Bigr I respect you for that brother, I totally forgive u too. I just get tired of no one believing me. I have the fish in my freezer to prove it... Thanks

i call that bluff

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Feb 22, 2016, 06:55 PM »
Terrible news, my thoughts are with the families of these two unfortunate fellows this evening.

Offline Wall-E-eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 22, 2016, 07:07 PM »
Very sad ,thoughts and prayers with the families.
Jim

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 22, 2016, 08:07 PM »
2 guys dead and here we are bickering over a body of water and the size of fish in it. Grow up already and show some respect.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.