Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1687068 times)

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Early Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #420 on: Oct 25, 2016, 06:28 PM »
My order of the 3 Elkton pop up houses shipped!
ahhhh dang cant wait
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline Bengals1013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #421 on: Oct 25, 2016, 06:56 PM »
I have yet to see any movement since it was shipped, anyone else?

Offline guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #422 on: Oct 25, 2016, 07:03 PM »
My amazon order for elktron shelter status still at  "preparing for shipment".Order placed oct. 20th. Great to hear some orders were shipped.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #423 on: Oct 25, 2016, 07:18 PM »
My order on the 2 Clam Bigfoot XL6000 shacks still says "preparing for shipment" as well shipment should arrive between tomorrow and Monday.... Cmon Betty!!!!

Offline Zachery80

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #424 on: Oct 26, 2016, 04:37 AM »
Order one from Betty E Battle is still pending with an expected delivery date  Oct 26-Oct 31
Order two from Georgann R Simmons has shipped and is expected Oct 27th.
This still sounds very strange but we can hope for the best.

Offline Linc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #425 on: Oct 26, 2016, 06:50 AM »
I ordered two of the Elkton pop ups from Betty E Battle. It still shows preparing for shipment. I also see now that she has pulled the listing. The only ones left are from Amazon. I also will be surprised if the shelters show up at my doorstep. Stranger things have happened.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #426 on: Oct 26, 2016, 07:37 AM »
There is a certain odor to the orders!! ::) I sure hope I'm wrong, but I'm pullin' for ya!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #427 on: Oct 26, 2016, 10:20 AM »
Humminbird ICE 55 @ $385 over at amazon. Elsewhere selling for $499 (or at some 'questionable sites' for $399)

https://icefishingdeals.com/2016/10/26/humminbird-ice-55-six-color-flasher-best-price-385-00-shipped/

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #428 on: Oct 26, 2016, 10:27 AM »
Just noticed the seller 'just launched' so this could be a scam as well. Although this Ice 55 and the seller's other products seemed to be more reasonably priced compared to the other scam prices.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #429 on: Oct 26, 2016, 12:35 PM »
First, to you fellows who ordered the Elkton:  I wish you the best of luck, but the Clam XL 2000 hub I ordered for $5.86 a couple of months ago said it shipped as well.  It didn't.  I even got an email from Amazon asking me to review the item after they had cancelled the sale and I had gotten my money back.  :roflmao:  Hate to be a Debbie Downer guys, but don't hold your breath on getting these hubs, but I'm still crossing my fingers for you. 

Secondly, I ordered and recently received the BroCraft Ice Anchor Drill Adapter from Amazon for $10.99.  It's very similar to the Eskimo steel one, but instead of steel, it's a heavy duty, very high quality machined aluminum tool.  In other words, it's really, really nice for the price.  It's $8 off it's retail of $18.99.  I was surprised at how stout it was.     https://www.amazon.com/BroCraft-Anchor-Drill-Adapter-Auger/dp/B01MAU0SH8/ref=pd_ybh_a_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BF86Y6BMTQGW294QHWZD  I think the icefishingdeals guy posted the deal a week or so ago, so this post is just in case your happened to miss it there.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline Joe Henry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #430 on: Oct 26, 2016, 12:48 PM »
Well...somebody has to say it so ... "If it sounds too good to be truth, it probably isn't"

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #431 on: Oct 26, 2016, 01:38 PM »
I just learned about this deal off of another site so I thought that I would pass it along. goicefish.com currently has 3 packs of tungsten jigs on sale for $0.99 a piece with free shipping. There are two different sizes and you can order up to 3 of each different size at this price. I can't comment on the quality of them but I figure for the $3.96 that I spent for 12 tungsten jigs it is worth the risk. They are about half way down on page 3 under the accessories tab follow the link below.
http://goicefish.com/accessories-3/?sort=featured&page=3

Thanks massNtrash!
bought 18 tungsten's for 5.94$ shipped.
The status of order #298 is now Shipped

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #432 on: Oct 26, 2016, 01:50 PM »
Those  Elkton Portable Pop-up 3 Person Ice Shelter Fishing Tent are back up on Amazon for $13.88 if anybody want to try their luck with it. So far my order from the other day is still being processed.
 $13.88
Betty E Battle
Just Launched (Seller Profile)

now a different seller (new) and for 14.95 shipped

Offline SUNNFISH 0)))

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #433 on: Oct 26, 2016, 03:36 PM »
First, to you fellows who ordered the Elkton:  I wish you the best of luck, but the Clam XL 2000 hub I ordered for $5.86 a couple of months ago said it shipped as well.  It didn't.  I even got an email from Amazon asking me to review the item after they had cancelled the sale and I had gotten my money back.  :roflmao:  Hate to be a Debbie Downer guys, but don't hold your breath on getting these hubs, but I'm still crossing my fingers for you. 

Secondly, I ordered and recently received the BroCraft Ice Anchor Drill Adapter from Amazon for $10.99.  It's very similar to the Eskimo steel one, but instead of steel, it's a heavy duty, very high quality machined aluminum tool.  In other words, it's really, really nice for the price.  It's $8 off it's retail of $18.99.  I was surprised at how stout it was.     https://www.amazon.com/BroCraft-Anchor-Drill-Adapter-Auger/dp/B01MAU0SH8/ref=pd_ybh_a_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=BF86Y6BMTQGW294QHWZD  I think the icefishingdeals guy posted the deal a week or so ago, so this post is just in case your happened to miss it there.

DN

Good to know! Now I'm definitely getting one. Those Eskimo Drill Adapters became pretty hard to find at the end of last year.

Offline guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #434 on: Oct 26, 2016, 06:14 PM »
Thank you Deal Ninja - I just placed an order for the BroCraft ice anchor drill adapter.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #435 on: Oct 26, 2016, 07:39 PM »
now a different seller (new) and for 14.95 shipped

Me thinks the sellers have found a way a loophole or some way to screw Amazon.  They sell stuff, amazon gives them the payment and then they balk on shipping and don't give Amazon their money back...meanwhile, amazon gives you your refund.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline orngcrush17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing better than fishing memories
« Reply #436 on: Oct 26, 2016, 08:20 PM »
Got the striker ice bag off of dicks for 79.99. the bag is awesome.
Give a man a fish he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish he can eat for a lifetime.... take your kid fishing and never stop smiling.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #437 on: Oct 27, 2016, 07:50 PM »
I am having a similar experience right now on eBay.  Seller lists the MTM red plastic rod box for $16.50 with free shipping. I hit "buy it now" and the item shows $1.13 in sales tax. So I pay the total of $17.63. Guess what, item never shows up.  I check the seller feedback and there are 45 people in the last 30 days with the same issue of a "too good to be true" price, item never ships and they contact the seller.  Seller issues refunds but guess what; the refund does not include the sales tax.  So, I paid sales tax on an item I never received and when I get my refund, the sales tax mysteriously isn't included in the refund? Is it possible these sellers are hoping that people don't request a refund?  Probably. And why not try to make some free money on "sales tax"?  Sure it was only $1.13 for me but do that a few hundred times and you are talking some noticeable money for really not ever selling anything. I will be pursuing this with eBay but something to watch out for. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #438 on: Oct 27, 2016, 09:23 PM »
I have another update for you.  Just got off the phone with Ebay and with Amazon and learned some things that I thought I would share:

1.  If you buy an item on Ebay, Ebay provides "protection" to you for the amount of the item and any shipping costs.  So, let's say you order an item and never receive it.  Ebay will back you up on the item cost and shipping cost but NOT sales tax.  In my case, the seller charged sales tax on my item in the amount of $1.13 knowing full well they would not deliver the item to me and knowing full well there was no Ebay policy in place that required them to refund the sales tax.  It was only $1.13 for me but that is straight "profit" for them.  Have a sweatshop full of people making up false auctions for items you don't have and certainly won't ever ship and now you are making money just by setting up fake auctions. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Ebay trying to get my $1.13 back (it is the principal of it for me...) and can absolutely confirm for you that Ebay provides you no protection on any "sales tax" you pay a seller.  To me, this is a loophole in their system and you have some malicious sellers out there starting to exploit this.

2.  If you think Ebay is bad, Amazon provides you with even less protection.  After I hung up with Ebay, I called Amazon.  If you buy an item from Amazon from a 3rd party, it is completely up to the 3rd party to provide you a refund.  Amazon will pursue a "case" for you, but their only final recourse is to kick the seller off Amazon.  YIKES.  So, a seller could list 50 items for $10 each and collect $500 in payments from buyers on items they don't have in inventory and don't ever plan to deliver to they buyer.  The buyer contacts Amazon indicating they never got their item.  Amazon then contacts the seller and starts a "case".  The seller may not ever respond.  You as the buyer are out your $10 and the seller gets kicked off Amazon.  Well, guess what, the next day the seller sets up shop with a new seller ID.  They have $500 in their pocket and are back on Amazon to do this again and again.

The moral of the story is before you place that order on a 3rd party sale on Amazon for a "too good to be true" price, be really, really careful and know that there is a decent chance that you will be out that money.  I will be very hesitant to buy from 3rd parties on Amazon from this point forward.  If you don't believe me, contact Amazon yourself.  I just got off the phone with them. 

I learned a lot in the last 45 minutes and will be much more cautious when I see these "too good to be true" items for sale on Ebay and Amazon. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #439 on: Oct 27, 2016, 09:29 PM »
amazons policy is to not charge you until the item(s) ship no matter who the seller is. so if the seller bails out, no harm done because there was no charge.

ebay is a last resort for me to spend with. never been charged tax there either tho, but i don't care to pay shipping when i don't have to on sites like amazon with prime membership.

thanks for the heads up on scams going on there.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #440 on: Oct 27, 2016, 09:33 PM »
Thanks 3300.  I understand what you are saying about Amazon and didn't ask them "when" you get charged for an item.  Let's say you don't get charged until the item is "shipped".....how is "shipped" defined?  Based on the seller "saying" they shipped it?  Based on a shipping label being printed?  Do you know how "shipped" is defined?  I know in many cases the seller "says" they shipped an item.  Is that enough for Amazon to allow the charge to go through?

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #441 on: Oct 27, 2016, 11:05 PM »
I have another update for you.  Just got off the phone with Ebay and with Amazon and learned some things that I thought I would share:

1.  If you buy an item on Ebay, Ebay provides "protection" to you for the amount of the item and any shipping costs.  So, let's say you order an item and never receive it.  Ebay will back you up on the item cost and shipping cost but NOT sales tax.  In my case, the seller charged sales tax on my item in the amount of $1.13 knowing full well they would not deliver the item to me and knowing full well there was no Ebay policy in place that required them to refund the sales tax.  It was only $1.13 for me but that is straight "profit" for them.  Have a sweatshop full of people making up false auctions for items you don't have and certainly won't ever ship and now you are making money just by setting up fake auctions. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Ebay trying to get my $1.13 back (it is the principal of it for me...) and can absolutely confirm for you that Ebay provides you no protection on any "sales tax" you pay a seller.  To me, this is a loophole in their system and you have some malicious sellers out there starting to exploit this.

2.  If you think Ebay is bad, Amazon provides you with even less protection.  After I hung up with Ebay, I called Amazon.  If you buy an item from Amazon from a 3rd party, it is completely up to the 3rd party to provide you a refund.  Amazon will pursue a "case" for you, but their only final recourse is to kick the seller off Amazon.  YIKES.  So, a seller could list 50 items for $10 each and collect $500 in payments from buyers on items they don't have in inventory and don't ever plan to deliver to they buyer.  The buyer contacts Amazon indicating they never got their item.  Amazon then contacts the seller and starts a "case".  The seller may not ever respond.  You as the buyer are out your $10 and the seller gets kicked off Amazon.  Well, guess what, the next day the seller sets up shop with a new seller ID.  They have $500 in their pocket and are back on Amazon to do this again and again.

The moral of the story is before you place that order on a 3rd party sale on Amazon for a "too good to be true" price, be really, really careful and know that there is a decent chance that you will be out that money.  I will be very hesitant to buy from 3rd parties on Amazon from this point forward.  If you don't believe me, contact Amazon yourself.  I just got off the phone with them. 

I learned a lot in the last 45 minutes and will be much more cautious when I see these "too good to be true" items for sale on Ebay and Amazon.

I was aware of the sales tax policy of eBay. But to hear the amazon policy on 3rd party sales. I highly doubt I'll ever buy anything from a 3rd party seller ever again. I tried my luck the first go around on those Elkton hub shelters. My order got canceled, and I was not charged. Thankfully! But after reading your post about their policy in those types of sales, that is simply unacceptable in my view. If they can't hold a seller accountable and they let scam artists set up these fake accounts with "to good to be true" prices, then they should at least cover the buyers investment if the sale is a scam. I've been a member on ebay for almost 20 years. I've purchased over 500 items, and never had an issue that wasn't either resolved with the seller themselves, or that ebay didn't take action and get a refund for me. I have never bought an item that I had to pay tax on though. I don't see why they couldn't change that policy and avoid sellers taking advantage on that loop hole, but maybe they will in the future. I would much rather buy from eBay,  than take a chance on a 3rd party sale on amazon! Thanks for the great info!!!!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #442 on: Oct 28, 2016, 09:03 AM »
Got the striker ice bag off of dicks for 79.99. the bag is awesome.

Dicks is out of stock on transporter

But the 4 rod bag is still available reg $ 54.99

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=78646036&prodFindSrc=cart

$ 10 off $ 50 .....

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=12312192&ab=Header_Ticker_Promo_10Off50

not a bad deal
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #443 on: Oct 28, 2016, 09:16 AM »
I wonder if the "fake" elkton shelters were some attempt to collect your credit card/amazon account info for abuse, why else would you post an item for sale you know you are going to cancel the sale on?

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #444 on: Oct 28, 2016, 07:40 PM »
Not sure if it's a great deal but it was good enough for me, Amazon has striker guardian bibs for $125...

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #445 on: Oct 29, 2016, 08:07 PM »
I wonder if the "fake" elkton shelters were some attempt to collect your credit card/amazon account info for abuse, why else would you post an item for sale you know you are going to cancel the sale on?

You are catching on.  Avoid Third Party Sellers, which is half the stuff on Amazon.  I had trouble with a Aqua Vu 715 camera  last week.  It came with broken tabs  that hold the battery in.   Very apparent the box was dropped a few times by UPS.   Amazon said I could not return it because it contained a lead acid battery.  The third party seller never mentioned that.   They sent me a label to return it for exchange.    Once they received it they were not going to refund my return shipping costs $17.00.  They couldn't find where it was broke.   I had to send them a picture of the tabs. 

If you send back damaged or broken items take pictures on your phone and keep them until the transaction is over.  Take pictures of the box if it arrives dented.

I am losing faith in Amazon as each year passes.   Seems the Prime 2 day shipping is turning into 3-5 days and you have no recourse.  Then all of a sudden they will ship you a little $2.00 item and it comes on Sunday by the USPS!

A lot of companies mark stuff as shipped so their "response" time is good, they can blame 10 day shipping on the carrier.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #446 on: Oct 29, 2016, 08:33 PM »
The two day prime shipping is a joke any more. All it is now is free shipping. It'll be here when it gets here.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #447 on: Oct 30, 2016, 10:26 AM »
The two day prime shipping is a joke any more. All it is now is free shipping. It'll be here when it gets here.

I agree. Multiple times my item has shown up 3 or 4 days after the order. When I call and ask amazon what's up, they offer to extend my amazon prime membership for a free month. No, that's not what I want. I wanted the item 2 days earlier like it was supposed to be. If I am paying to get it in 2 days, it better show up in 2 days. Of course they always apologize and say there is nothing else they could do.

One other time I placed an order through prime, and after 2 days, the item was still saying that it was being prepared to ship. I had actually needed this particular item as soon as possible so I called them and they told me the 2 days was once the item shipped, I said no, the 2 days should be when I order it because it said the item would be here 2 days later guaranteed. Done with amazon when my prime membership is up in January.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #448 on: Oct 30, 2016, 12:27 PM »
Frabil I2 series Bibs and Coats on Sale at Sears.com in LARGE sizes for $104.52 each FREE SHIPPING. I ordered a set of 3XL bibs last Saturday got e-mail notification Tuesday morning of item being shipped at 1:15 pm I got an e-mail from UPS that they had been delivered , sure enough on the front porch. Here are direct links to the bibs and coat. Best deal out there.
http://www.sears.com/frabill-bib-i2-dark-grey-3xl/p-00675746000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=12&blockNo=12&blockType=G12
http://www.sears.com/frabill-jacket-i2-dark-grey-3xl/p-00675821000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=46&blockNo=46&blockType=G46
Good luck and be safe!!!
Ross
Cantgetenough!!!!
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #449 on: Oct 31, 2016, 05:59 AM »
I ordered a Arctic Shield hub style shelter for $15.48 on Amazon, new and unopened.. Clearly a mistake on someones end but I figured worth a try, snatched one up. They have since changed the item to "currently unavailable." But my order did go through, with a "ready to ship" status and an  approximate arrival date. We will see what happens lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.