Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1684077 times)

Offline Joe Henry

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Early Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #300 on: Oct 11, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Great price! Saw that deal over at icefishingdeals too. Would probly have pulled the trigger if I didn't already get an ION.

Same here,  if I buy another auger I will be living in the garage with them! :P

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #301 on: Oct 11, 2016, 01:31 PM »
Joe, did you get my private message?
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Best Late Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #302 on: Oct 11, 2016, 02:10 PM »
Another all-time low price deal!  The Frabill 6154 Fishouflage Ambush DLX Shelter with Side Door - $464.12 and Free Ship!!!  This shack regularly sells for $689.00 + Shipping!  Introduced in 2013, it's a little dated, but for someone looking for a large flip at a bargain basement price, this fits the bill!  27 sq. feet of fishable space!

https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-6154-Fishouflage-Ambush-Shelter/dp/B00FJXVRVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475589686&sr=8-1&keywords=frabill+6154

Fishes 2-3 anglers plus gear
2 large side doors with heavy duty zipper
2 deluxe padded swivel boat seats
Patented MSS (Modular Seating System)
V600 Denier tent (Fishouflage camo pattern on top, front & back)
Extra-tough, thermo-formed base
7/8" Heavy-duty aluminum frame
4 clear view, removable window
MaxVent system adjusts for optimal venting
Eight 2" x 2" Safety reflectors
3 Max Occupants
Fishable Area 65" x 59"
Set-Up 96”L x 66”W x 75”H
Folded 66”L x 40”W x 21”H
Weight 115 Pounds

ETA:  $440.91!!!  10/04/16  12:05 pm   WOW!!!  Grab it FAST if you want it!!!

Down to $346... But I don't think that it is the insulated version?

https://www.amazon.com/Frabill-6154-Fishouflage-Ambush-Shelter/dp/B00FJXVRVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475589686&sr=8-1&keywords=frabill+6154

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #303 on: Oct 11, 2016, 03:00 PM »
No.  It is not insulated.  That must be what's pushing the price down.  Most everyone who wants a large shack wants insulation as well.  Can't say I blame folks, says he who has an Otter Lodge XT1200.

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #304 on: Oct 11, 2016, 03:14 PM »
any deals out there for Striker Ice Predator Bibs & Jacket?

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #305 on: Oct 11, 2016, 03:31 PM »

Dick's usually does a 25% off deal on Striker through the Black Friday - Cyber Monday time frame.  Be patient.  ;)

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #306 on: Oct 11, 2016, 03:35 PM »

I'm looking for the same exact thing, I'll wait and see black friday-cyber monday. I'll let you know if I find something, or let me know if you find something!  :tipup:

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #307 on: Oct 11, 2016, 03:46 PM »
Dick's usually does a 25% off deal on Striker through the Black Friday - Cyber Monday time frame.  Be patient.  ;)
yep, took full advantage of that deal last year, just was curious if anybody found anything similar right now... They had bascially a 15% sale on Monday...

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #308 on: Oct 11, 2016, 04:18 PM »
Been watching that Frabill shack since it was put on here. At a certain num I might pull the trigger but without it being insulated its hard to justify it for myself. I have the Clam Explorer already which is about the same shack, possibly a little bigger but without side doors. It would be my shack for out west primarily and I worry about the wind. The thermal serves 2 purposes it insulates and it helps when its windy holding the shack down so again hard to pull the trigger. In the other hand it is a new shack with the side doors so it is a bit of an upgrade   ??? Decisions Decisions.  Do I have to sign up for Prime to get the free shipping?
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline Oly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HEY! Your Bobbers Down!
« Reply #309 on: Oct 11, 2016, 04:41 PM »
FISKAS Wolfram Jigs, Little Atom Plastics, JandS Plastics and Tiger Eye Lures - everything on their website is 15% off and Free Shipping for orders over $20 at Your Bobbers Down dot Com

www.yourbobbersdown.com
Tight lines and Heavy Buckets!

Jamie "Oly" Olson

Offline Joe Henry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #310 on: Oct 11, 2016, 06:03 PM »
Joe, did you get my private message?

Yes,  sent you reply...thanks again.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #311 on: Oct 11, 2016, 07:18 PM »
I'm looking for the same exact thing, I'll wait and see black friday-cyber monday. I'll let you know if I find something, or let me know if you find something!  :tipup:

Striker sometimes has deals on holidays, check their website as well occasionally.  I have bought a Guardian jacket and two pairs of Guardian bibs last year.  All from separate online vendors but all were 25% off, Reeds, Glens and from Striker themself.  I think free shipping  too.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Joe Henry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #312 on: Oct 11, 2016, 08:10 PM »
Amazon ... Strikemaster Lazer Pro now down to 329 bucks as of 9 PM Oct 11.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #313 on: Oct 11, 2016, 08:28 PM »
I know a lot of people like using the fly boxes for their panfish jigs. The Cabelas brand double sided fly box is on sale and the x-small box is 50% off.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/bargain-cave/new-this-week/boating-fishing%7C/pc/105591780/c/105633180/sc/105638580/cabela-s-double-sided-fly-box/847341.uts?destination=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D105638580

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #314 on: Oct 11, 2016, 08:57 PM »
I don't know of any deals on the Strikers but I know if you order from profishingsupply.com that you'll get free shipping. And the guy there will make sure you get the right size the first time. He takes everybody's height and weight and will call you before he ships it to make sure your getting the right size.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #315 on: Oct 11, 2016, 09:21 PM »
On the Striker Ice wear ...many more retailers were added this year Mills fleet and Sportsman's Guide  etc. I believe Dicks Sporting and Gander Mtn have had $ 50 off last season ...watch/subscribe to SG for discount codes for 10-30 % off and free shipping . Some time back Striker Ice gave 30% off at their site .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #316 on: Oct 12, 2016, 08:00 AM »
are striker ice suits sold at fleet farm now?

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #317 on: Oct 12, 2016, 08:27 AM »
On the Striker Ice wear ...many more retailers were added this year Mills fleet and Sportsman's Guide  etc. I believe Dicks Sporting and Gander Mtn have had $ 50 off last season ...watch/subscribe to SG for discount codes for 10-30 % off and free shipping . Some time back Striker Ice gave 30% off at their site .
It also looks like Striker has bumped their prices $100 for the combo coat/bibs.  Last year you could find the hardwater  from $339-369/set shipped and now I am seeing around $459 for the set shipped.  Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they made some minor changes to this years production, but $100 worth? 

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #318 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:02 AM »
are striker ice suits sold at fleet farm now?

On the SI web site states

Welcome to our updated websites! Watch for new content.

Hundreds of new retail locations for 2016-17: Sportsman's Warehouse/Mills Fleet Farm/Gander Mountain/Bass Pro

Check out our closeout deals. Click the "CLEARANCE" link to the top right.

just a heads up size Large Bibs in any model sell out quick ...so far only SG/BPS has stock on their sites

@ DaveSS1  prices seem the same as last year I believe

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline prosty41

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #319 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:20 AM »
I am also in the market for some striker bibs. I think I want the hard water bibs

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #320 on: Oct 12, 2016, 09:38 AM »
i chose hardwater for it's thicker shell (600 denier, like shappell shacks) and it's warmest (posted) insulation.
the price is the same as last year. they were 220$ ish each item, so 440$ ish. i bought mine and my wife's from dicks sports with 25% off and 100$ off when spending 500$ or more on cyber week deals and free ship. they have free return shipping too and we had to upsize her prizm suit because they run small.

i fish on my knees a lot and last season i had to send mine in because my knee was getting soaked. they cut the side of the knee area open and repaired the seam tape. and closed it up and sent it back. it cost me shipping to them is all. i hope they fix what seam tape they used then or else it will continue to rip. if you don't put your knees in water or wet snow you'll be fine with them for sure. i am still waiting to see if they rip or not because of a super short season last year and getting them sent back so late in the season.

they are much warmer than my clam blue man suit (ice armor) and my all black artic armor and a lot of time went into concept compared to both of those suits i don't use now for ice fishing.

Offline prosty41

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #321 on: Oct 12, 2016, 10:31 AM »
^I am considering just getting the bibs and not the jacket due to the overall cost. I think I read that folks feel they dont even need the jacket based on how great the bibs are

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #322 on: Oct 12, 2016, 11:46 AM »
^I am considering just getting the bibs and not the jacket due to the overall cost. I think I read that folks feel they dont even need the jacket based on how great the bibs are
I was going to get the coat and not the bibs, but looking at the coat the tag inside says it will float you for up to 2 hours only as a suit, coat AND bibs. so I ordered the frabill Ifloat coat that is a uscg approved pfd from walmart to check it out and if I dont like it just take it back to the store

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #323 on: Oct 12, 2016, 12:12 PM »
Well just checked my cart and the set that I put in the cart is still there for $359.  I added an additional set to check and it shows the items at $459 but didn't delete or update the old pricing of the original set....I might give them a call and see if they will honor the pricing since it was less than a month ago that I added these...otherwise I will have to wait for a black Friday deal..

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #324 on: Oct 12, 2016, 01:50 PM »
i chose hardwater for it's thicker shell (600 denier, like shappell shacks) and it's warmest (posted) insulation.
the price is the same as last year. they were 220$ ish each item, so 440$ ish. i bought mine and my wife's from dicks sports with 25% off and 100$ off when spending 500$ or more on cyber week deals and free ship. they have free return shipping too and we had to upsize her prizm suit because they run small.

i fish on my knees a lot and last season i had to send mine in because my knee was getting soaked. they cut the side of the knee area open and repaired the seam tape. and closed it up and sent it back. it cost me shipping to them is all. i hope they fix what seam tape they used then or else it will continue to rip. if you don't put your knees in water or wet snow you'll be fine with them for sure. i am still waiting to see if they rip or not because of a super short season last year and getting them sent back so late in the season.

they are much warmer than my clam blue man suit (ice armor) and my all black artic armor and a lot of time went into concept compared to both of those suits i don't use now for ice fishing.
I had the same issue with my knees. I sent my bibs in twice, and they finally replaced them. Hopefully these new ones will work out better . I'm glad to hear that I was not the only one having wet  knees as they led me to believe.  Other than that issue, I love the hard water set up.

Offline jordy1380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #325 on: Oct 12, 2016, 03:34 PM »
Ok, I found a deal that's not really beneficial for ice fishing but it's still a great deal!! I just bought a norchill cooler bag (48 can) on amazon and I haven't used it yet but from what I've read they're pretty awesome along with AO coolers. I bought it for $41 (normally around $70-$80) and it's now down to $33.15. That's a steal considering they're around $70+ normally. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BV2AKLA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Another thing that I wanted to mention is that you can use a discover card to get the good deals after the come out even if you've purchased an item a couple months ago. I don't want to vouch for credit card companies but I love my discover card because of this. It's called a price match protection and you can get the better price on an item for 90 days from the purchase date, you just have to fill out some paperwork or an online form they send you. So since that's dropped to $33.15 I can call them and they'll send me a check for $8 since that's how much it dropped and since I bought it with my discover card. Last year, I bought Striker Bibs at full price then would just screen shot better deals as they came out until it bottomed out and that's the price I got on the bibs, I just had to wait a few weeks for them to send me a check. Pretty sweet deal, just search Discover Card Price Protection.
Get Yo Fish On!

Offline javabone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #326 on: Oct 12, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Been watching that Frabill shack since it was put on here. At a certain num I might pull the trigger but without it being insulated its hard to justify it for myself. I have the Clam Explorer already which is about the same shack, possibly a little bigger but without side doors. It would be my shack for out west primarily and I worry about the wind. The thermal serves 2 purposes it insulates and it helps when its windy holding the shack down so again hard to pull the trigger. In the other hand it is a new shack with the side doors so it is a bit of an upgrade   ??? Decisions Decisions.  Do I have to sign up for Prime to get the free shipping?

I just pulled the trigger on this,$328.....hope I don't regret it. Yeah,I wish it was insulated but I like the side doors and it's prolly $400 or more cheaper than something comparable insulated.  Thoughts?

Offline rl_sd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #327 on: Oct 12, 2016, 11:09 PM »
I just pulled the trigger on this,$328.....hope I don't regret it. Yeah,I wish it was insulated but I like the side doors and it's prolly $400 or more cheaper than something comparable insulated.  Thoughts?

Damn you! I was waiting for it to get down to $300 before I pulled the trigger and now it is back up over $700!  You got a good buy... if I didn't have a wheelhouse and a handful of portables already I would have bought it.... please let me know how you like it.... gonna keep my eye out to see if it goes back on sale once they restock

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #328 on: Oct 12, 2016, 11:13 PM »

I saw that earlier tonight and was somewhat relieved lol. You made the decision for me and now I dont have to watch it anymore. Again at some point ill got to a side step but thinking it will have to be insulated. You got a great deal though and hopefully it is everything you want.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #329 on: Oct 13, 2016, 08:25 AM »
"I just pulled the trigger on this,$328.....hope I don't regret it. Yeah,I wish it was insulated but I like the side doors and it's prolly $400 or more cheaper than something comparable insulated.  Thoughts?"

Congratulations javabone!  I'm glad someone here got the deal.  In terms of actual dollars saved and percentage off retail, that shanty was my best deal find of the year.  Congrats again.  At $328, I was almost ready to buy it myself, cut some windows out and re-purpose it as a deer blind.  Totally serious btw.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.