New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Vexilar WOW!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4087 times)

camo_fish

Re: Vexilar WOW!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2007, 03:39 AM »
if you don't get perch in a hole in 10 minutes drill more holes
heck sometimes it only takes 2 - 5 mins before I move, especially if I was getting them in the adjacent hole and the bite stopped.

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2007, 07:05 AM »
      The best thing about using your vex , or other good locator, is that you know that there are fish there when you are fishing. It is so sad to fish all day in a spot with no fish in it.
                                                                                             JK

Last fall I was using my Vex while jigging pannies in 17FOW in the boat. Wondered why all the fish showing up on the bottom wouldn't come up a couple inches to my jig. Down went the AquaVu to discover those red marks coming and going were leaves slowly drifting along the bottom.   :o
Don't believe everything you "see."
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2007, 07:38 AM »
I used my Vex for the first time yesterday.  All I can say is WOW.  I'm amazed how many fish look at your jigs and leave with out hitting it.  If anyone is on the fence, I would highly recommend it.

I bought a vex a couple years ago and it has dramatically improved my fishing.  Even when they're just looking at least you know they are there.  If anyone is looking.  I saw two FL-8' genz pack's in Wal-Mart in Cicero a couple days ago, they were on clearance for $150.00, they are likely gone but if you're in the area it might be worth checking.  I was shocked at the price. 

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2007, 03:06 PM »
If you really want to catch fish. Cut holes and use a vex!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2007, 04:18 PM »
i hav e an old (possibly the original) flasher it is an eagle silent 66 or something And I dont go fishing without it   I have seen the vex in action and I probably would have thrown mine away if it weren't for my wifes finding out they dont cost $150 which I may have led her to believe ::)   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.