New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Why ???  (Read 2354 times)

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
Why ???
« on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:33 PM »
There is a location for all of these posts regarding ice conditions and it is NOT on the "General" page. Please post them where they belong.
Pete Lewis

Offline bencurley

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Why ???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:39 PM »
Cry me a river.............

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:45 PM »
There is a location for all of these posts regarding ice conditions and it is NOT on the "General" page. Please post them where they belong.

Pete, Some people just don't get it.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2007, 12:48 PM »
not all of them...... ;D ;D ;D ;D :P

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2007, 01:01 PM »

There is also a Grumpy Old Men page!  ;D ;D

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2007, 01:04 PM »
With all the chat going on about the ice and fishing along with gear used and what not...This is the place..Post all this chat over there and it's deleted

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2007, 01:31 PM »
Please remember some people are new to this site and are not quite used to where things need to be posted.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2007, 01:42 PM »
I think once people can get some quality ice time in...all this will work out.

People are way past the Antsy Stage ;)

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:02 PM »
I can't speak for others but I actually fished so much in December and early January I'm kind of glad to have the break while we wait for ice so I can get some stuff done around the house that was being put off while I fished almost every night :tipup: 

Slipbob,

Did you fall and hit your head? 

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:07 PM »
i think he means open water  ::)

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline roverowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The sweet smell of success!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:20 PM »
Right now, about all I care about are what the ice conditions are.  It's the middle of January and we're just now at the "tweener" stage ('tween ice and good ice). 

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 19, 2007, 02:46 PM »
I did a fair share of wading and boating for fish as well with PWR BAIT...but it was weird being in a boat in NY when we are usually always on ICE by now :'(

billybono

« Reply #12 on: Jan 19, 2007, 05:00 PM »
Please remember some people are new to this site and are not quite used to where things need to be posted.

not an excuse for not knowing how a forum works

all online forums follow the same general rules

this tutorial might help a LOT of the folks in here  ;)

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

billybono

PIKEGUY

« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2007, 05:06 PM »
Right on Billy  :thumbsup:

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:25 PM »
That's funny BB!!!!!!!

Who fire you up this season? You busting everyones ba!!s :D

billybono

« Reply #15 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:31 PM »
That's funny BB!!!!!!!

Who fire you up this season? You busting everyones ba!!s :D

wasent busting anyone......wasent my intent

just trying to help  ;)

ill be in touch with you, so we can have vex/m68c round 2  ;D

billybono

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I am ready for a good day of butt(m68c) whooping :D

The snow is killing our ice making. We were all set to have about 4-5 good inches of ice...until the Lake Effect Machine turned on :'( We have 2 good solid inches now, with 6 inches of heavy snow on top...won't be ready until next weekend. Can you make it down a week from monday? I have a killer Bull 'Gill spot that is waiting to lose a few for the Hot Oil Cause ;D

billybono

« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2007, 06:48 PM »
ill let ya know this week "maniac"  ;D

billybono

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 20, 2007, 10:31 AM »
HAHAHA thanks for that bb yea counter strike owns i dont go on their forums though  :-\ lol hahah

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline Irrgang131

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2007, 04:21 PM »
   Peolpe do it in the general because as explained to me by a mod this year your can't go on the r and c page and ask for a report from a lake, because that is not a report.  So when it happens some of the threads get moved here so you can ask.  Then if they want to put it in the r and c page very well or they can put it on the general page topic you started.  It seems to make sense though the rules dont always apply to everyone from what I have seen.  Oh well everything here is great getting lots of great info and if you post something you shouldn't it disapeers or gets moved to where it belongs.  The mods do a great job.

camo_fish

« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2007, 04:48 PM »
sorry guys about the removal of the, how's the ice on the C&R board, it's a pain in the arse to try and read thru the lastest up to date post on ice conditions/thickness and fishing reports.  :-\ And yes, some of the stuff will slide thru. there are guys with 3 or 4 post in there and if I delete there posts, then they won't be able to access the C&R boards, so when they get enough posts, their "how's the ice?" is go then.  ;) Plus, some of the chat is a pain to sort thru and pull this post and then this post to move over here to the general board. F-it yes some of the crap slides, leave it for a day to get an answer then, the next day it is done, or 2-3 days later.

In all, things are much better then last year in the C&R board, even with all the newbies and lack of ice.  :thumbsup:  :clap: Thanks guys for everyone doing there part to help keep the C&R board flowing with great reports and less chit chat this year.  :bow:

:tipup: the ice is here guys, stay on top and tight lines.  :tipup:  :clap:

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2007, 04:51 PM »
   Peolpe do it in the general because as explained to me by a mod this year your can't go on the r and c page and ask for a report from a lake, because that is not a report.  So when it happens some of the threads get moved here so you can ask.  Then if they want to put it in the r and c page very well or they can put it on the general page topic you started.  It seems to make sense though the rules dont always apply to everyone from what I have seen.  Oh well everything here is great getting lots of great info and if you post something you shouldn't it disapeers or gets moved to where it belongs.  The mods do a great job.

Yes they do...it's a tough job...I am glad I don't have their responsibilities...Tha nks Guys :bow:

camo_fish

« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2007, 04:54 PM »
Yes they do...it's a tough job...I am glad I don't have their responsibilities...Tha nks Guys :bow:
It's not a hard job, but it does suck deleting posts from people, but sometimes it's needed, and sometimes mistakes happen too.  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.