New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Adirondack Get-Together...The Day After  (Read 4059 times)

RBF

Re: Adirondack Get-Together...The Day After
« Reply #30 on: Feb 03, 2006, 04:52 PM »
I REALIZE I'M A NEWBIE BUT I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS FOR THE EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION AND THE LOVE OF ICE FISHING.  HOW DO I GET PEOPLE TO REPLY?  IF I HAD ANY INFO TO GIVE I WOULD BUT THERE'S NO ICE IN WAYNE COUNTY NY TO REPORT ON.  REALLY WOULD LIKE INFO ON HOW TO GET TO THE BOAT RAMP ON SIMON POND.  THANKS TO ANY ONE WILLING TO REPLY

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2006, 04:56 PM »
First off, drop the capital letters...Now, if you know how to get to Tupper then maybe I can help you...I think Hood or one of the other guys will pipe in as well if my directions are wrong....
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 03, 2006, 05:03 PM »
You've got to go through the village of Tupper Lake and then head south out of town,,,you'll pass by a bar on the left and then a low bridge, on your left will be Simond pond.  There will be a road to the left after the bridge, it'll turn back at a less than 90 degree angle to the road you're traveling on....go about a mile or so, you'll see a fish and game club on the right side of the road, the road leading to the ramp is right across the road.  You'll have to drive down the hill and the ramp is right in front of you.

I think the derby is this weekend up there so unless you've got your spot on the ice right now it's too late for you, but next weekend you'll be in good shape.

Now, a couple words of advice about that area.  The fishing is going to be lousy after the annual derby.  There's going to be a couple hundred vehicles on that ice this weekend and about 10,000 holes drilled....the fish are gonna be spooked for quite awhile after the derby ends.

My best luck fishing up there has always been to the right of the launch, out between 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile to that small island or body of land that juts out.  Thats for pike...for walleyes, look right again and head down to the far end of the lake...stop when you get almost to shore, we've taken nice pike and walleyes out of that spot.....hope this helps...Esox...
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2006, 08:53 PM »
I know this is a week late but I've been having alot of troubles with photobucket,

I only have one of my pics in so far so here it is

These guys were camping on and island all night so Rob and I went to town and picked up a few pizza's for them.......10 to be exact  :o I dont think anyone went hungry!!

We had a great time and it was nice to meet everybody  :tipup:

RBF

« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:28 PM »
First off, drop the capital letters...Now, if you know how to get to Tupper then maybe I can help you...I think Hood or one of the other guys will pipe in as well if my directions are wrong....
Sorry about the caps, didn't even think about it looking like I was yelling.  Thanks for the information, helps alot.  I was thinking about coming up on Monday but if they're gonna be spooked....maybe I'll wait to come Tuesday or Wednesday.  Is the derby an all weekend thing or just one day?

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 04, 2006, 04:43 AM »
One day..today....you wont have to drill any holes :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.