New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: DOES A CLAM ARCTIC WARRIOR COUNT AS A TIP UP??  (Read 4069 times)

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: DOES A CLAM ARCTIC WARRIOR COUNT AS A TIP UP??
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2014, 07:47 PM »
yes counts as a tip up.

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 12, 2014, 08:54 PM »
Well what is immediate attendance? I can run pretty fast so does that mean my immediate attendance is a bigger range than someone who is slow? What if I have an atv or snowmobile and a pair of binoculars and I check my flags every 30 seconds can I go even farther?

Don't leave them overnight .... I had a buddy who's front window was maybe 25yards from the water. He could set tips-ups out in front of his dock and watch them from the window... well one day Mr. DEC came along and tried to give a ticket for not being in immediate attendance. Ticket was tossed ...

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 12, 2014, 10:03 PM »
Well what is immediate attendance? I can run pretty fast so does that mean my immediate attendance is a bigger range than someone who is slow? What if I have an atv or snowmobile and a pair of binoculars and I check my flags every 30 seconds can I go even farther?

LOL....This is what i'm sayin!!!  Immediate attention to me would mean standing right in front of the device.  It is ok to sit in a shack, but not send the device as far as you can see with binoculars?  Everyone who goes against doesn't see this better watch every single flag pop, otherwise I would say you are not within the immediate attention zone.  Regardless if you are being sarcastic or you agree that this rule is waaaay too vague does not matter.  I would rather have this rule clean cut, then leave it up to the DEC's discretion.
Sometimes ya gotta push the sheep through the fence

Offline 10th MTN Dave

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Please pass the peck of pickled Pickerel and Pike!
« Reply #33 on: Dec 16, 2014, 07:52 AM »
My interpretation of immediate attendance is: if the guy in the DEC jacket walks up to one of your holes, you are there to meet and greet him. If he walks up to a hole and nobody is around, pay your fine.

I don't have any issue with how it is written.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Dec 16, 2014, 12:38 PM »

What we've got here.......is failure to communicate!

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline cp1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 16, 2014, 03:52 PM »
any idea why it doesnt say that on the dec website or in the regs book?
it does say that both in the book and on the web site

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
« Reply #36 on: Dec 16, 2014, 04:27 PM »
it does say that both in the book and on the web site
this question was answered on the last page. thanks anyway
If you drill it, they will come...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Dec 16, 2014, 04:39 PM »
ok enough I happen to  have 3 artic warriors and I  know  for fact they indeed are tip ups ...I also know they suck  and I suggest  tossing them!   now if you can't figure out what a tip up is or  what in attendance means your honestly not smart enough to  be ice fishing without  supervision and don't  lick the bus windows either!!!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #38 on: Dec 16, 2014, 04:50 PM »
and don't  lick the bus windows either!!!!

but they taste good!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 16, 2014, 05:00 PM »
OK then if I sit on the bus next to the window with the red handle that flips up for emergency exit does it need to be labeled with my info?
Since it signals the driver not me who's really the operator?
If I'm 1 seat in front of or behind & can jump the seat is that close enough if the driver asks?

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Dec 16, 2014, 05:06 PM »
That really is a shooooort bus bcons.

Tactful as always Trap.

If this isn't clear by now, I suggest you stick to jigging, but, only use 2 rods so you don't get confused ;D

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
« Reply #41 on: Dec 17, 2014, 02:35 PM »
ok enough I happen to  have 3 artic warriors and I  know  for fact they indeed are tip ups ...I also know they suck  and I suggest  tossing them!   now if you can't figure out what a tip up is or  what in attendance means your honestly not smart enough to  be ice fishing without  supervision and don't  lick the bus windows either!!!!
relax guy. ive been ice fishing since i could walk but ive always just used tip ups (not tip downs or arctic warriors or jawjackers or any of that ooooo) just regular wooden tip ups with a flag and a spool of line, and one jig rod. this is the first year i ever looked into the other stuff. could i have read into the regs further or did a search on IS? sure... was posting a simple question easier? yes. the fastest way to your destination is a straight line, and thankfully i got my answer right here. thank you fellow ice fisherman

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 17, 2014, 03:21 PM »

I never said I was smart, i have been told I need supervision, and I lick bus windows because I like too.  You tried to kill two birds with one stone there, but you were unsuccessful.  Remember Trap, don't leave home without your helmet.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:07 PM »
could i have read into the regs further or did a search on IS? sure... was posting a simple question easier? yes.

If we haven't had this discussion 4 different times this year and 100 times each of the past years you would get 100 different answers like you did this year.... I bet it's still faster to look at the regs yourself or do a search....

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
« Reply #44 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:31 PM »
If we haven't had this discussion 4 different times this year and 100 times each of the past years you would get 100 different answers like you did this year.... I bet it's still faster to look at the regs yourself or do a search....
  faster? probably, but what i said was easier. keep the thread going though and maybe the next guy wont have to post another question   :thumbsup:

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:47 PM »
  faster? probably, but what i said was easier. keep the thread going though and maybe the next guy wont have to post another question   :thumbsup:

if you do a search you'll see that this is how this discussion ends up every time....

Did somebody mention that if it's 35 degrees out but the wind chill makes it 20 degrees that the lakes will freeze faster????:cookoo:

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
« Reply #46 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:52 PM »
if you do a search you'll see that this is how this discussion ends up every time....

same as any other big forum. some people let it go but some cant.

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 17, 2014, 04:56 PM »
People shouldn't stop asking. When they start, I know ice is almost here!

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Dec 17, 2014, 07:52 PM »
you  guys  are  too  easy  and  to thinned  skinned  ....  now  heres  the  best part  the   darn  box  says  "artic warrior tip up " on it    :cookoo:  i think we know know who the window lickers and helmet  wearers are

this really is self explanator

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
« Reply #49 on: Dec 17, 2014, 11:05 PM »
  the   darn  box  says  "artic warrior tip up " on it   
you got me there, but like I said I grew up with a tip up being a regular old tip up. Never knew until last week that a jiggin pole becomes a tip up once you put a bell or a flag on it. save your drool cups for somebody else  ;)2

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #50 on: Dec 18, 2014, 03:51 AM »
So what is this thing? A tip down with a flag that pops up? Or is it supposed to set the hook? Never mind, I'll just google it :-\

I'll be glad when next year comes and the Dec revises their syllabus to read "devices" rather than tip ups. Hope you guys sent them emails and expressed your opinions.

Rg

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #51 on: Dec 18, 2014, 03:55 AM »
Just watched 2 videos and a commercial in 3 minutes. Pretty fast and easy :-\

Rg

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #52 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:00 AM »
THIS  IS A  OPINION  so if I  make  ya  mad  to bad!  the clam artic warrior is junk !  I have 3 of them and they suck  ...they work like a tip down rg and  the flag is supposed to  pop up  ...they are a pain to set  and  half the time they don't trigger the  flag your  better off making  tip  downs!  ....I  find  most  of getz  products  are made  to  catch  your money  not  fish  ...the  ice  box  for a  flasher   sucks!  doesn't  fit in a  bucket   the  clothing   sucks  it's not  as  warm as my  hunting  suit !  I personally find  myself questioning every product that getz  endorces ......and that's my honest opinion ...money is  to  tight now  days  to  waste  on junk  when you can  get a  better  product  cheaper  ....

and sjord  I actual  know you started this thread just to get people worked up  ...... no one  can  be so  slow as to  read  TIP UP on the  package  then  ask  that

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:03 AM »
THIS  IS A  OPINION  so if I  make  ya  mad  to bad!  the clam artic warrior is junk !  I have 3 of them and they suck  ...they work like a tip down rg and  the flag is supposed to  pop up  ...they are a pain to set  and  half the time they don't trigger the  flag your  better off making  tip  downs!  ....I  find  most  of getz  products  are made  to  catch  your money  not  fish  ...the  ice  box  for a  flasher   sucks!  doesn't  fit in a  bucket   the  clothing   sucks  it's not  as  warm as my  hunting  suit !  I personally find  myself questioning every product that getz  endorces ......and that's my honest opinion ...money is  to  tight now  days  to  waste  on junk  when you can  get a  better  product  cheaper  ....

and sjord  I actual  know you started this thread just to get people worked up  ...... no one  can  be so  slow as to  read  TIP UP on the  package  then  ask  that

I agree with this. I too believe all clam products, maybe with exception of the portable shanties, do in fact suck.  These companies put there name on garbage and it sells because the people who don't know any better buy right into it.  I mean what actually constitues a "professional ice angler" anyway.  I'll stick to my old ways, that I learned from my grandfather.  I see no reason to change.  Just make sure you leave the windows extra dirty on the bus, daddy's hungry.

Offline sjord89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • get reel
« Reply #54 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:13 AM »
What about if youre dead sticking and your drag has a clicker on it? Does your dead stick become a tip up bc of the sound?  :angel

Offline GrizlyGarou

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:20 AM »
What about if youre dead sticking and your drag has a clicker on it? Does your dead stick become a tip up bc of the sound?  :angel

What if your dead stick gets pulled down the hole? That would be a pretty clear signal you had a fish, and then you couldn't tend to it unless you went swimming!!

"One hundred years from now it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."  Anonymous

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:25 AM »
What if clam starts endorsing depends for all of our seniors out there, think people will start wearing them on the ice?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Dec 18, 2014, 07:28 AM »

were done  ....call the DEC and ask

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Dec 18, 2014, 08:09 AM »
What is considered a :tipup:... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.