New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SUNY Oswego Fishing Club!  (Read 538 times)

Offline Deggert60

• Team IceShanty Regular
SUNY Oswego Fishing Club!
« on: Feb 07, 2013, 11:47 AM »
Just wanted to inform everyone that some students and I have created a Oswego State Fishing Club (shocking there wasn't one before). So if there's any high schoolers on here, theres some incentive to go to Oswego! We will be educating members of the club of fishing regulations/laws as well as providing them with learning experiences and fishing techniques to get them to appreciate the great sport of fishing! The first trip we will be conducting is an ice fishing trip and teaching them ice safety and techniques.
-Eggs

Offline Cterp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: SUNY Oswego Fishing Club!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2013, 12:30 PM »
Thats funny (just a thought in my head)........my step son is a transfer student there (transferred this year) and we have already discussed  starting the same type of organization.
Nick is his name and he was an officer of the Salt City Junior Bassmasters through out middle school and into his high school years. His brother won the B.A.S.S Junior World Championship qualifier here in NY. Both were very involved in the organization, know the parlimentary proceedures to run a meeting, and were very accomplished fishermen.
It's a great idea; hope it all works out. If your interested, I'll have Nick PM you.....he may be able to help.

Offline Deggert60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2013, 12:43 PM »
Thanks! He should see our advertising within the next week or so and possibly next year be one the officers! We have gotten a lot of interest and hopefully it will be a great success within the campus and community of Oswego.
-Eggs

Offline TD2323

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:17 AM »
I'm an Oswego Alum, great school, amazing campus, and a ton of activities and clubs.  We were the first members of the Suny Osweho Scuba club and it was tough at first, but very rewarding.  The school will take great care of you guys if you learn all the red tape and do some politicking.  Good luck with the club,  its a perfect area for it with the lake and river there plus the close proximity to st lawrence and a ton of other places nearby.  Wish you the best of luck, and feel free to contact me if you need anything at all!

Offline Ice Beard

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:48 AM »
Good for you!

A few years ago some of my students started one down here in Alfred.  We had a great time.

Cheers,
Ice Beard

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.