New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: why don't women understand?  (Read 4950 times)

Offline iceholetrucker22

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: why don't women understand?
« Reply #90 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:09 AM »
My girl hates me leaving early and hates me on the ice even more but she loves perch and I told her th ey don't bite in warm open water hehehe! Just kiss her b4 u go and make sure u come home with dinner

Offline stealhead4749

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #91 on: Jan 09, 2011, 11:02 AM »
I explain to every woman i've ever dated that fishing is what i do, and every woman i've ever dated says they'll never have a problem with it, and guess what? it always becomes a problem, and i'm happy to be single

Offline wnyhotshot

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ugh.. Just 5 more minutes.......
« Reply #92 on: Jan 09, 2011, 06:37 PM »
It's as simple as this. Their women, their never happy.....
Keep on Keepin on...

I tape worms to my sidewalk and watch the birds get hernias...

Offline God

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Jan 10, 2011, 07:57 PM »
Take it from a guy who has an ex wife on his trophy wall (repro of course, not a skin mount. Released her and threw out the pictures) she is not worth the grief and grief is all you have in store if you stick with this one.
She obviously does not accept you for who and what you are and seeks to manipulate you into something you are not.

You are luckier than you might imagine because you are not yet married, your saving grace. Before the wedding they behave a lot differently than after, trust me.

Cut the line and move to a new hole.
Slob "fishermen" suck. Behave or there will be lightning bolts...

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Jan 10, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Man it sounds like most of you have it good. Real good. My G/F hates it when I fish or hunt. Almost everytime I go out she is mad. Not because we had plans just because I am not with her. I dont do hardly any weekend trips or stuff like that just local pond hopin. I am a firemen so I have alot of days off and like to fish 2 or 3 times a week for a couple hours at a time. She never tells me no but always get attitude. I have tried to get her involved. She said she wanted to start hunting so I bought her a bow and she practiced alot the first year then missed a nice little buck. When gun season came she wanted to go and shot a huge doe. She said she had fun and was excited about next year until it came around. Last fall her bow sat around collecting dust. She never hunted once. I have tried to take her fishing. She came out one time and we had a riot we both limited in a couple hours. That was the last time she fished. Im stumped. She would rather sit at home and watch the LIFETIME channel and hold down the couch. I cant handle sitting at home. I guess Im just gonna have to live with it because I love her but am never NEVER gonna give up doing what I love to do. She can be mad. LOL.

Same here...but I go on my pass days during the week.  Best time to go, the wife is at work and not many people on the ice.  She doesnt mind me fishing or hunting though, just doesnt lkike the cold.  She does however love to fish from the bass boat!  I try not to take her much cause she usually outfishes me...I have yet to figure that one out....lol.  She may be just jealous too cause you love your job....you must if you are a Firefighter, just like the rest of us do...and alot of times you would rather be with your brothers at the firehouse, at least that is the way it is in my Dept.

Offline jmny004

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 11, 2011, 01:48 AM »
Not in their DNA

Offline Dirtofak

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #96 on: Jan 11, 2011, 03:50 AM »
my girl doesnt mind going on nice days but doesnt complain when i am going.its kinda nice.i grow a beard and hunt alot and clean animals in the kitchen.there is some b***hing but we live on.my one buddy had some interesting advice.......he said just leave a 50 or 100 on the counter so she can go shop or go to lunch with a friend or both.if she is bad now i guess it will just get worse so im told.i also have no kids and im only engaged maybe that is why its so easy 4 me.
I would rather shoot my self in the head. Your buddy is an enabler. If she is a materialistic woman, he might be happy....... for a short while.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.