New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Why are people so 2 faced?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline jigmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
Why are people so 2 faced?
« on: Feb 16, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Why are people so 2 faced,, i have been going to a bait store and dealing with them on a regular basis when i need any type of bait, or hunting gear,, i wld say sense hunting season i spent around 1100 in supplies.. well today i get a call from a good friend of mine that was in the store buying gear as well..Well the OWNER of the store brought my name up and totally had nothing good to say,, told my friend many many stories that were no wheres near the truth and even had thngs to say about my family and another fisherman.. The owner didnt know this fisherman was a good friend of mine..THis bait store is WAY over priced but i dealt with it cause i felt comfy there and always had what i wanted... but as of today, me and my friends will NEVER step foot in this store again...Im sure there is alot of people on here that shop there and thats fine.. Just watch your back, this is not the first time i heard of this guy doing this,, he even went out of his way to find out where i hunt and asked the same landowner permission to hunt there and told him he wld patrol it to keep everyone else outta there.. . How low is that..I hate talking about anyone or getting in anyones business but this really got to me.. that bait store is FLYING ARROW,,beware cause they will stab you in the back...thanks for reading..

Offline troutguy1377

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • soak your jig in cider
Re: Why are people so 2 faced?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2009, 05:31 PM »
Where is this place located. By the way he would see me again just one time to straiten things out ;D

Offline jigmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2009, 05:34 PM »
There are 2 of them,, one in east greenbush which i never had a problem with,, then there is one in new scotland, thats the one with the issue,, i wanna stop in and have a few choice words,, but i guess this time im gonna be the bigger man and walk away and hurt him where it counts,, his wallet...

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Where is this place located. By the way he would see me again just one time to straiten things out ;D
yup, definately...
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2009, 05:45 PM »
A lot of gossip starts in bait shops,I bought tons of bait from a guy that now is closed and all the guy did was bad mouth me,called me a poacher because I shoot a lot of deer, called me a fish hog,because I can catch them,called me a cheat when I won the spring turkey contests (all behind my back),When my son was young he won the trout contest,this bait guy said I caught my son fish, I called in a monster bird for my son 11 1/2 beard 1  3/4 hooks and he won the contest, he said I shot it. I got sick of it and walked right in and got in his face and asked him why he likes to start sh---. His face turned white and he denied he ever said anything,that ended the gossip,after that he told everybody what a good outdoorsman I was,people get jealous.

Offline jigmaster69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Yeah i deff do see how people get jealous at this great sport,, me i really dont care,, if some guy shoots a 10 pointer,, congrates and i hope he has great memories,, some girl catches a 10lb walleye,, awesome,, hope she loves the sports and brings others into it,, but then you got guys like this who get so mad cause of something you did or something you got that might be bigger then his or he wasnt there to catch it..My gf fishes with me now and she never knew it cld be like the way it is,, shes learning every day and everytime she goes out she might have a question that most of us dont ask,, but i love to teach her and i love it when other fisherman teach her,, its a great sport and we all shld enjoy it,, guys like FLYING ARROW ruin it for everyone and shldnt b open...

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2009, 05:54 PM »
 He' just jealous, you got a life, he does'nt. plain and simple.  
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline willfish4food

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2009, 06:30 PM »
      On this subject I have to agree with Captain54  and snagger too.  I have neighbors that are the same way.  Smile to your face but as soon as you are out of hearing range they start up with the lies and  backstabbing.  I,ve been bow hunting for over 25 years and practice ALL the time. I never brag but can shoot easily at 50 yards and up to 75 yards.  I used to practice here on the property but it caused a great deal of animosity from the two guys next door who also bow hunt. They never practice. They mostly just drink allot.  It crossed over to fishing, gardening ( believe it or not ) and just about anything else they see me or me and my sons do. Please don,t go back to the store to confront him. Yes your ego is a little bruised but it,s his store and if you walk in there angry and things get out of control or worse....he calls the cops and lies to them, you might go to jail. It,s never worth it. The coward always denies what he,s done and lies his way out of things.  Just walk away. It takes a man to walk away. His mouth will catch up to him and it will cost him his business. There are allot of idiots out there who just can not stand it when anyone is successful or better than them at anything.  I know it sucks and I know you want some type of justice but you won,t get it from him. He,s a punk.  Otherwise he would say it to your face. I,ve had this happen to me before.  And at 6 ft. 7in. tall and about 250 lbs.  I,m ALWAYS the one the cops come after when a punk runs his mouth and it escalates.  Go fishing . Clear your head and forget about that loser. 

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Jigmaster,
You know what the deal is with people like that ? They are the one doing the things that they accuse others of doing. It makes them feel better about themselves. They are not worth the swollen knuckle as good as it may feel. They are the same people who will start a fight get there arse beat and say you sucker punched them. You know what i mean. EF EM.

Just laugh at him, if what you say is true he's a pathetic little man.

TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:32 PM »
Even so,  this guy is runnung a buisness and it was very unwise of him to treat a customer like that.  You expect more personal attention from a small buisness like that that isn't a chain store.  I would def. have had a little chat with this person.
-Doeindeguise

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:38 PM »
people get jealous.

ITS NOT JUST IN YOURE NECK OF THE WOODS MY FRIEND ???

Offline reich607

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 16, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Seems like this store owner isn't to bright either! Why would you jeopardise your business like that by bad mouthing your customers?  I'm sure he will get his one day!

Offline bigfoot697

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:41 AM »
i call it the k and k offering,kill you behind your back then kiss your butt to your face!!!!!!!!!!! hey the way i look at it the worse ill get if im wrong is a tongue lashing or an a%% KICKING. AND REMEMBER WE ALL ARE GUILTY SOME NOT AS MUCH AS OTHERS  ::).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.