New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: REFLECTIONS OF THE NORTHERN CHALLENGE  (Read 4095 times)

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
Re: REFLECTIONS OF THE NORTHERN CHALLENGE
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:30 PM »
Talking about booking a room.  We need to do that now and not wait.  I had to stay in Indian Lake 1 hour away.  I could've found something closer but decided to stay in the place we spent New Years.  Next year I would like to find a cabin  between Tupper and Placid since we have the kids and the dog as well and a small hotel room just doesn't cut it.  Plus we would like to stay a few extra days a fish some more as well.  I sure miss living in Tupper  :(
-Doeindesguise

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
« Reply #31 on: Feb 11, 2009, 08:30 AM »
Today is February 9th 2009.  I am already looking at some changes for next year.

1.  Hats Hats Hats  Everybody wanted to buy a hat.  Next year we will have for sale.  I will have a place on the registration form for hats if you want one.

2.  A kids catagory.  Registration will be the same but we will have a 1st 2nd and 3rd place prize for kids up to the age of 14.  Cost will remain at $35 but the kids will also have the same chances to win door prizes and ATV's.

3.  Better ice conditions  (:>)  Not as much slush and snow

By then I'm sure that there might be some more.  Thanks for all of the ideas and suggestions.  The club and I take them very seriously and consider all of them.

Dave
  Hi Dave from the Horny Hat Guy. I'm (The Thin Ice's) Dad.We had a great time as always. We did'nt catch anything but it was fun for all.Can't wait for next year.Maybe we will come up for the summer tournament to get to know the lake a little better.Thanks for a great day.Gary

Offline pikeorbust

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2009, 08:04 PM »
Dave and Tupper Lake Rod and Gun-

Congratulations on another great tournament! We drove 5 hours from the Rochester area, had an awful time trudging out to our spot through the slush with the quad at 2:30am, didn't catch anything, and we didn't win any of the fabulous prizes, but we had a great time nonetheless. We'll be back for more next year. If you sell hats, we'll buy 'em, t-shirts too if you go that route.

To Jay at the Red Top Inn, thanks for the bait and I hope your tooth feels better.

Thanks,

Don

Offline Mikeonice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2009, 08:27 PM »
Thanks for a great tournament Dave!  We travelled a long distance, trudged through the slush, got wet feet and caught absolutely nothing, yet we still had a great time.  My boys had fun in between flags building snow forts and having snowball fights.  My younger son (7) was one of the lucky ones who you gave a rod and reel, tip up bag and ice scoop to.  He was thrilled and I definitely appreciate it.  It's things like that, that the kids will remember and make them want to go back.  Last year the boys got free t-shirts.  They are excited about the kids class for next year.  (Thanks thethinice- great idea ;D) Thanks and see you next February!

Offline adkman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 14, 2009, 04:20 AM »
For anyone who is interested Dan Ling (professional Photographer) has a computor cd with over 200 photo's on it for $15.  Dan can be reached at 518-359-3043.

To all who attended the derby the club thanks each of you.  Your continued support and input helps make this derby one of the best anywhere.

Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.