Author Topic: wood heat question for permy.  (Read 865 times)

Offline MI-Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
wood heat question for permy.
« on: Aug 09, 2013, 04:46 AM »
Well, much has changed for me the last few months, left my job in the Colorado oilfield to take a job welding near my home town in "da UP". Im home, I'm making good money, I sign on my first house in about 7 hours, I couldn't be happier. So with all this I'm gonna build my first permy, got that pretty much planned out in my head, and im pretty set on building a small wood stove for heat. I was thinking of venting the inlet to the outside, so it would draw air from outside, burn it, and vent back outside (through the chimney). the theory is this is more efficient as you aren't consuming the air you've already heated. SO the question is, would this defeat the "dry heat" everyone talks about with wood, by not consuming moist air in the shack, or is there something more going on with open flame propane IE moisture being released in the chemical reaction of burning the propane?
FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
Re: wood heat question for permy.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2013, 08:06 AM »
That should work perfect I have a stove built that works the same way and it will still have true dry heat compared to propane because moisture is actualy a by product of burning propane. Post some pics as you build it.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2013, 09:34 AM »
The intelligent and safe way to go!!! That will work just fine for you...good luck!  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline MI-Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2013, 09:46 PM »
thanks for the replies guys, I'm sure i could have gotten the same information from google, but for ice shack expertise there's no better source of info then you folks right here! wood stove will be built as planned, pics of build will surely be posted as soon as progress starts!
FISH ON!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.