Author Topic: what to use to water proof q-3  (Read 1224 times)

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
what to use to water proof q-3
« on: Feb 08, 2011, 07:56 AM »
i would like to apply some kind of seam sealant, or waterproof to my quickfish-3. what kind of sealant have you used on your quickfish and what were the results? any and all replies will be very helpful. thanks and keep fishing.

Offline Gordo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: what to use to water proof q-3
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:24 AM »
For waterproofing the fabric, I use Kiwi Camp Dry. For the seams, I don't remember what brand I used, but it was just a tent seam sealer.

The Kiwi Camp Dry works really well. I put it on my Eskimo Eskape last spring before I stored it away for the season, and I have noticed water beading up and rolling off the outside all this season.

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2011, 11:07 AM »
gordo, did you treat the seams only or the entire fabric.would like to treat my eskimo, it is two years old and i think it would help the fabric for the years to come. thanks again gordo; killa1.

Offline Gordo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2011, 12:33 PM »
gordo, did you treat the seams only or the entire fabric.would like to treat my eskimo, it is two years old and i think it would help the fabric for the years to come. thanks again gordo; killa1.

I used a tent seam sealer on the seams, and the Kiwi Camp Dry over the entire outside.

Offline killa1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2011, 12:50 PM »
thanks for the info. i will try both products and hope for good results. killa1.

Offline del

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2011, 02:36 PM »
I have a Shappell Rover 2.0 that is 4 years old.  After a couple of years, I noted pin holes in the fabric that were occurring at the fabric folds.  I contacted Shappell, who advised using spray tool rubberized paint (Plasti-Dip is one brand) applied to the interior.  I have used this method at the and of each season with excellent results.  I now use pipe insulation to cover the frame in order to avoid a lot of taping, and have been very pleased.  It takes about 3 cans to do the whole shed each time.   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.