Author Topic: My Frabill Predator Mods  (Read 3076 times)

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
My Frabill Predator Mods
« on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:16 PM »
It is not complete but a start. I made some compartments in my predator. I have not painted or installed hinges yet but they will be done next. Anyways here it is 3 compartments one for my propane tank, the next is going to be a live well for fish that I am making a fiberglass liner for and the front is were I will put my cover when I have it set up.

I also insulated the bottom of the sled and added a floor. Now I have to drill some new holes in the legs to lower the back of the seat.

Offline VanderLaan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: My Frabill Predator Mods
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:57 AM »
Box looks nice.  Are you seriously going to build a live well?  At eight pounds a gallon, that is going to be a lot of weight to pull around. 
The test of man is not how how far he will go to win, but how far he will go when he has already lost.

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2013, 11:53 AM »
It will be a dry live well. Just a spot to throw the fish that I can remove and take in the house with me.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2013, 04:41 PM »
nice looking mods

Offline IceCrafty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2013, 06:05 PM »
I got the same frabill. what kind of extra weight is that going to add. I was thinking about doing a cardboard and fiberglass center counsel. I like the way yours turned out. Keep the pics coming. :icefish:

Offline 1fastz28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2013, 07:03 PM »
I used 1/4" plywood on most of it with 3/4" strips for screwing. It is not that heavy on its own but with the propane tank, seats and tent it is heavy. I pull it with a 4 wheeler so it is not that much of an issue for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.