Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1638687 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #9690 on: Aug 19, 2017, 06:15 PM »
WS......I am in awe of you Marv  :bow: What an incredible act of kindness  :clap:  You are "The Man"   :thumbsup: :flex: 

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9691 on: Aug 19, 2017, 07:25 PM »
Simply Marv    elous

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9692 on: Aug 19, 2017, 09:57 PM »
Good evening everyone just dropping in before heading to bed. Once again Whopper Stopper/Marv I congratulate you on your act of kindness. Amazing how a chance meeting developed into a good lasting friendship. I hope Oliver/Ollie finds a place to spend his remaining years. I got a laugh from your comments about the cell phone.
Old Goat I'm going to educate myself by Googling the word elous.
Mr. Turkey hope everything went well at the doctors.

Have a good night folks.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9693 on: Aug 19, 2017, 11:25 PM »
Evening ER's well kids are safe at home, beat all the traffic that will be driving toward like Casper Wyoming and along the path of the Solar eclipse Monday.  They took lots of pictures that they put some on their Face book pages, Did several sights around Colorado Springs, Went up to George town and rode the Loop Railroad Train. So for now things are back to normal.  Oh did I mention Bud's house is now WiFi friendly ??  Two of the kids work as IT Techs  ;D

The shopping frenzy is kicking into High gear at the store,  Crew will be busy posting an another 10% discounts, Was busy condensing displays that were for the most part completely wiped out.  When I left there was not a spinning reel left to be had, only the Combo offerings.  The ice jigs were horded by 2 or 3 people, each taking around 500 apiece.  at the 90% off.  ::)

Marv all I can say is  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: To often now days, its plain to see a lot of people just don't give a damn, weather its running a red light or what ever being greedy, self centered or what. :(

For my area the Eclipse will be about 92% so Solar glasses would be in order.  I learned that there were some places that were handing them out "Free".  And that the county Library would have 2.000 to hand out at 9 AM, I went to my local Library arriving at 8 to find a very long line, some had even thought to bring folding chairs.  In not time at all the line swelled to over 600.  A worker at came out to announce they would be passing out numbers, that way you could go across the street to get a coffee or use a bathroom and not lose out.  But that there were only 175 glasses at that location, when the numbers were handed out I was number 154  :thumbsup: So will not have to get out the welding helmet and welding glasses.

I am not on the schedule for Sunday and Monday.  Had thoughts of going Salmon fishing Monday but had forgot about the eclipse, so will not be joining the gang this year during the camp out, Have made it the last 6 years, oh well maybe next year.

Hope everyone is doing well.  Stay safe all.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9694 on: Aug 20, 2017, 03:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Clear and calm, 62* to start the day, high of 76 expected today.

Marv...not sure if the Shanty has a " post of the year " award, but believe you'd take home the prize with that one, amazing!!   :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:   
    One of the best short stories and act of kindness I've ever read, Thank You for sharing with us....BRAVO!!    :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:       X2 on everyone's reply... :bow:....cawfee's on!!

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9695 on: Aug 20, 2017, 03:51 AM »
Morning Eddie and all ER's  hope all are enjoying the weekend. Glad your son and wife are ok. My heart skipped a beat or 2 when it was announced on tv. I posted earlier but got timed out or gremlined again. Nothing here yet Mason but I have been doing 2 a days lately and doing very very well. I sent Marv a pm on the saw I thought it was gone but spotted it again. WS set the bar high. A great example for everyone. Time to get back to cleaning.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9696 on: Aug 20, 2017, 05:35 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Old Goat, ER's,
                    It's 62* and clear here on my hill this morning with a high of 81* expected today.
                    Marv.......As I said to you in our conversation the other day that you have a big heart and you act of
             kindness was surely very much appreciated by you friend Oliver and it has touched everyone here on "The Shanty"
             There aren't enough words to express your actions. :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow:
                   Bud........I remember seeing the a solar eclipse back in the 70's and used a welders helmet to do so. Here in
             the northeast we won't see much of it but people seem to go crazy when it happens! be safe out there! I wouldn't
             let the eclipse stop me from going on a fishing/camping trip!
                   Eddie.......How did the side job look at go yesterday, were you able to get out after some trout last night?
                   Today my wife and her son and daughter and MW two kids are going to the beach and cookout on Lake George,
            the weather should be perfect for it!
                   I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out on some water!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9697 on: Aug 20, 2017, 06:16 AM »
Morning all,

IW......enjoy the day with all the family at Lake George  :clap:
IFF.....glad the visit with the grandkids went well  :thumbsup:  how many days till closing  ???
WS....hope you had a good nights sleep & a relaxing day today  ;D  you certainly earned it  :bow:
Eddie...bet spending time with the grandkids was just what the doctor ordered after the scare & sleepless night  ;)  thank goodness for the ability to text & get an immediate response at a time like that

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9698 on: Aug 20, 2017, 06:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Mid 80's with dew points in the 60's here today. I am just glad that it isn't a work day and that the rest of the week the temps will be cooler.

You are a very humbling bunch, Thank You for all the wonderful and warm comments. Growing up I was taught you help friends, that's all I did for my friend up north.

Not much on the planner today, just laying low.

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday! Stay safe no matter what's on the agenda  :thumbsup:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9699 on: Aug 20, 2017, 07:02 AM »
Morning Again All,
  Didn't mean to slight anyone earlier on my reply...inbetween waiting for a reply from my son, had to make a mad dash to a supermarket to get milk and pancake mix before the grandchildren woke... ;D...about a 20 minute drive each way...lol.
  Marv...all I can say is ...well done!   :clap:
  Wally...congrats on winning that drawing, sounds like it was a great trip!  :clap: :thumbsup:  You're so right about spending time with the grandchildren...they are a blessing!
  Jeff...have a great time at the beach, excellent day for it!  :thumbsup:  Scored both side jobs, didn't make it out in the boat last night...grandpa duties " trumped " the trout.... ;D
  OG..continued success on your shopping...way to take advantage of the deals offered!!   :clap: :bow:
  Bud...glad the kids made it home safe and sound! Bet they'll never forget their adventure to GrandMa & GrandPa's house....awesome! Congrats on the WiFi!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Solar eclipse will be taking place on my drive home tomorrow...will be driving south west the whole way home...believe we'll only see about 70% here in NY.

The newlyweds had complications with some of their plans due to transportation issues and heightened security,  trains were shut down. They did make it to Valencia yesterday and will be there for a few days...they decided to scratch the trip to Madrid that was planned and just stay closer to Barcelona for the remainder of the trip.
  Pancakes were good.... :thumbsup:
  Off to the transfer station and then mowing again....have a great Sunday everyone!   :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9700 on: Aug 20, 2017, 07:15 AM »
Happy Sunday. The wife is at church, in the living room, watching on TV. She stays away from groups of people so watches on TV each Sunday.
WS, you just never know where or when you will find a great friend. You did well and have a new friend as pay back.
WW, nice score on the trip to PA, sounds like a nice area.
Eddie, glad the newly weds are making the best of their trip. Pancakes are always good.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9701 on: Aug 20, 2017, 07:19 AM »
Thoughts & prayers to the police officers that were shot in several different areas the other day  :callcops: :angel :'(  so much violence  :nono: :%$#!: :cookoo:  wonder when it will end  ???

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9702 on: Aug 20, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Good Morning everyone, Mason eddie glad the newlyweds are ok, whopper stopper its nice to see people in this crazy world still helping other people. Been a busy couple of days. Reconnected with my mother who i haven't talked to in over 20 years. Celebrating my daughters 13th birthday this weekend and taking her and a friend to funtown splashtown today. Hope everyone had a great day and tight lines to those on the water. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9703 on: Aug 20, 2017, 08:17 AM »
Good Morning ER's WW the countdown sign on the store should say "last 7 days" today.  Will go in and make my last purchases today, a pair of shorts, and 1 long sleeve shirt, then wait and see what the mastermind is going to do with broken/missing rod & reel parts.

A pawn shop owner bought nearly all the receiving area storage racks and shelving as well as the trash cans at the store entrance. Kind of sad to see less than a year old store dismantled like that.

Take care all and have a good day at what ever.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9704 on: Aug 21, 2017, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 65* on the Hill this am, high of 85 expected today. Looks like one more day tomorrow in the 80's then highs in the low 70's for the remainder of the week with overnight lows in the 50's... :clap: :thumbsup:

Bud...imagine this will be a hectic week at the store with the final countdown. How much inventory is still left?
  I-45...Happy 13th Birthday to your daughter, hope you had a great time at the water park! Congratulations on reconnecting with your Mom, that's wonderful!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally...x2 on the police officers, still can't figure that craziness out.
  H2...good luck today if you're fishing! Joel Osteen is watched here on Sundays occasionally..my wife isn't one for crowds either.   ;D
  Marv...hope you're rested and ready for another day in the jungle....have a safe day!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope you all had a great time at the beach yesterday!   :thumbsup:

Everyone ready for the solar eclipse today? Saw there was a special on sunglasses in the Jokes thread.... :roflmao: :thumbsup:
  We're starting at 5 again this morning, then I'll be off to start a side job....prepping to resurface a basement floor followed by tile.
  Got to get moving....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9705 on: Aug 21, 2017, 03:01 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Cloudy day here today (no eclipse viewing) with highs in the upper 70's. It sounds like 70's for the week.

Hope you have a good Monday kickoff Eddie :thumbsup:  Stay safe Sir!

IW How was the water?

Going through the thread yesterday and came to Wallys overnight trip win, Excellent :clap: That had to be fun.

We are off to a town house this morning in the southern part of the jungle. I was in hopes of a lighter Monday but not the case. Anyway time to throw a sandwich in the bucket and fire up the Buick.

Best of luck to anyone hitting the water. Stay safe! :thumbsup:

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9706 on: Aug 21, 2017, 04:59 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                              It's 63* and clear here on my hill with a high in the mid 80's expected.
                              Eddie.......with the early starts and early quits you have some ample time to start a side job. :flex:
                              Marv........Have a safe day doing the townhouse, I hope you got the much needed rest after your
              whirlwind trip up north. :thumbsup:
                              Bud.......I guess it has to be a sad sight to see all that work that went into the new store just last year! ???
                              I-45.......Happy Birthday to your daughter! :clap: :clap:
                              The day at the beach was better than I expected, Eddie we went too the beach in Bolton where you
              access the ice, Veterans Memorial Park, I might have some interesting news about that spot later! The water was
              a little cool when first going in but once you were in it wasn't bad, the grandkids had a great time!
                              I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing and if you're in an area where you can
              see the eclipse be careful and protect your eyes and the eyes of your pets!

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9707 on: Aug 21, 2017, 05:07 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Expecting a partly cloudy day, Looking through the solar glasses the Sun looked much smaller than I thought it would be, so it looked like about the same size of the moon or slightly less.  Lots of people looking to get Solar safe looking glasses, and drug their feet too long and the free ones are all gone  ::)

Lots of Clothing left Eddie, finally ran out of Reels, all that is left now are approx 300 combo's, but I expect the shoppers will continue to stock up, just because of the low prices, whether or not, they think they will use it.  Found someone had stashed 10 $2 tungsten jigs so they were only 20 cents each.  I for one couldn't pass up some jig hooks at less than 3 cents each.  Will see about getting a mold, or making one  ;D I already have collected over the years the things/tools to powder paint/tie up about only limited to imagination. 

If I decide to hit the lake this morning will only be for like 3 hours, want to be home by the time the eclipse begins. Then again might put off going to the lake on one of the other off days this week.  Will have another coffee and think about it  ;D :unsure:

See Jeff slipped in the side door while I was pecking away on the keyboard.  Good idea to keep the pets in.

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9708 on: Aug 21, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Good morning everyone, everyone had fun at the water park. Its one of the cleanest parks we've been too. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Hope everyone has their eclipse glasses.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9709 on: Aug 21, 2017, 12:31 PM »
Good Late Morning, went to the lake, managed 6 16" and one about 14" was a pleasant morning, and the tug felt pretty good, the fought like little demons  ;D  left at 10:00 so I would be home to watch the moon taking a bite out of the sun.  Back to viewing.  Have 3 welding lenses as well as the Solar approved glasses.  The combination of my welding lenses makes it so dark its only about half as bright as the Solar ones. ::)
Bud

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9710 on: Aug 21, 2017, 02:08 PM »
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9711 on: Aug 22, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 69* to start the day off, high of 85 expected with some rain possible around noon. Cloudy yesterday afternoon, not much to report on the eclipse from my end here in upstate NY.

Dom...thanks for the tunes! How's everything going at the greenhouse/fishing?
  Bud..nice job on the Walters! Bring a few home for dinner? I saw a woman yesterday viewing the eclipse with a small modified box from Amazon..not sure what she used for the peep hole, perhaps a Bic pen?   ;D
  I-45... have a safe day with the roll offs today Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..Veterans Memorial Park was a nice choice, glad you all had a great time!  :thumbsup:  Hoping that news is positive...like, maybe that guy who runs the bubbler all winter adjoining the property is moving??   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope the townhouse job went well for you and the crew yesterday! Finishing up there today or moving on to a new location? Have a safe in the jungle Sir!    :thumbsup:

Concrete pour went well yesterday, crossing fingers today's goes just the same. Started that basement job after work, didn't realize the woman's cats (3) had free range of the area. Probably should have started the job off by washing the entire floor with Clorox...down right nasty smell of cat urine, instant headache.
  Explained to her that the noise level of the scarifying machine I will be using today to remove the epoxy paint will probably not be very appealing to her or the cats...kind of just shrugged it off....hope they don't have afternoon naps on their schedules!!   ;D
  Well, it's that time again...grey stuff coming at 6....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9712 on: Aug 22, 2017, 03:08 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Mid 50's by day break with a high of 74 with partial sun today.

Eddie something about cat urine really opens up the sinuses. Every once in awhile when collecting after a job I have to step inside to write up a slip and am greeted with the smell :woot: I am never sure if people just get used to it and don't know, or if I just happened to be there on a lucky day.

Bud Congrats on the fishing! Hope your eclipse viewing went well :thumbsup:

The eclipse viewing here was a bust. The clouds moved in and around the time it was to peak the showers started. We had to get hammering so we could finish before getting soaked.

Today we are doing a bunch of smaller jobs. I always prefer the 1-2 job days and hate the 6-8 job days. With all the construction you get more tired from driving the trucks around as actually working. At least Les is back in town so the humidity won't be so bad.

Good luck if hitting the water, as always be safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #9713 on: Aug 22, 2017, 03:51 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                       It's 64.8* and clear here on my hill. I got my weather station linked with Weather Underground my location name
             is Tyler's paradise, here is the link if you want to check it out!
                        https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/ny/athol
                        Eddie.........It is about the guy that puts the bubbler in, I'll PM you with what I found. ???
                        Marv........I hope your jobs today don't wear you out, I would think that they are in close proximity to move that
            many times and get them done. ::)
                        Bud........Good job on the Walter's. :flex:
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or fishing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9714 on: Aug 22, 2017, 05:16 AM »
Good looking link IW :clap:
Usually a cluster day is all within 15-20 miles, just depends. I swear nowhere within the jungle can you travel 3 miles without some detour :cookoo:

Time to punch in.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9715 on: Aug 22, 2017, 07:05 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....that's pretty neat  ;D  I'm always checking the weather maybe I need a set up like that  :)
IF45...happy belated 13th to your daughter  :clap:  teenage girls  :wacko: now the fun begins  :woot:
Eddie....it's been raining here since 7:00, hope it holds off in your area till you get your day in  ;)
WS....safe travels thru the jungle today  ;D  hope the detours aren't too bad
IFF....congrats on the fishing  :thumbsup:  just think, no more job means more days on the water  :clap:   from the shots I saw on the news last nite the eclipse was pretty impressive out your way  @)  not so much here, just turned a little hazy like a cloud passing thru although the sky was clear

Hit a small local lake yesterday, boated 12 legal eyes from 15" - 25", and 9 shorts  :clap:  all were sent back to play another time,  hopefully this winter  :woot:

Have a good day whatever's on your plate. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9716 on: Aug 22, 2017, 08:59 AM »
We got a little rain last night. it should make tilling the old garden spot tilled up a little easier. I Rounduped a while back. Hopefully the doves that were feeding on the weed seeds got most of them as I plan on planting it to grass yet this fall.

We had a couple of girls go missing over night yesterday over near my other place. One of them came back by her self. The other was found by a State police dog. It said that they went looking for their dad. He is deployed in Afghanistan.  It looks like I may have built the deck on the house where they are living. I will have to drive by and see the next time I am over there.

ww You make me jealous with all of the walleye you are releasing. They planted a few walleyes in our lake a few years ago. I managed to catch a few. Now they refuse to plant any more as they are afraid they will eat their precious bass as that is all they want in the lake.

IF45. Congrats to your daughter becoming a teenager.  Now your fun begins. LOL

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9717 on: Aug 22, 2017, 10:15 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Checked on the Eclipse all the way through its path, could feel the temp drop when it neared its max for us, dropping like 7* Pretty neat to actually witness a 100 year event, and not have to travel like so many did.

Eddie no all I caught yesterday, were not legal harvest sizes.  See there had to have been another gizzard shad hatch, could see thousands of like 3/4 inch from time to time.  The sizes of an earlier hatch are more like 2.5".  There was a lot of activity from feeding fish striking the surface, most likely trout or crappies would be my guess.  Will have to check with some "Buds" that were out fishing and see how they did for sizes.

Figured out the new to us gas grill is a dead switch on the Coleman grill.  Checking for one online they are priced anywhere from $25 to $47 for an exact replacement and $9.99 for shipping, What a rip off,  :nono: A simple push button automotive switch will do just fine as it has a 9 volt igniter module.

Wondering what awaits me at the store today  ::)  Learned yesterday that opening archery season is this Saturday.  Completely lost track of that coming up.  Might have to get out and do some scouting if I am going to get out this year  :unsure: :unsure:

WW right on, with more time to get out on the waters.  ;D 

See some leaves are falling from the honey locust trees, that time already  :o think its more a lack of water  :unsure: that being the case, I better water the garden.

Time to get a move on, have a good day all.

Bud

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9718 on: Aug 22, 2017, 11:57 AM »
  Dom...thanks for the tunes! How's everything going at the greenhouse/fishing?

Everything is good, busy like you.....    Mums have flowers on them already..   Might be an early winter......

Few photos from snuday...   
Went out for bass and couldn't keep these stupid things off the crank bait....
So I decided to put some in the freezer......    ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9719 on: Aug 22, 2017, 03:04 PM »
And right now Im putting some peppers and tomatoes from the garden to good use  for dinner..... ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.