Vermont > Ice Fishing Vermont

Big lakers out of Elligo

(1/3) > >>

Light liner:
There’s been some big lakers being caught at Elligo. Is there decent size perch in there also?

vt-jig:
My biggest laker there (so far) had been about 15",    and biggest perch was bait sized.      If it's popping off, I'd definitely get on it and enjoy.   Nice place but giants aren't the norm.   I'm no expert though. Obviously there's gonna be SOME tanks. It gets pretty deep in places.   I haven't been by this season yet.   Any word on it's ice conditions?

lowaccord66:
If you want big lakers theres a better lake...just needs to freeze in the right spots.

vt-jig:

--- Quote from: lowaccord66 on Jan 20, 2024, 06:48 PM ---If you want big lakers theres a better lake...just needs to freeze in the right spots.

--- End quote ---
      the Death Lake  ::)   

Vtperchchaser:
It’s been a number of yrs since I fished elligo. I use to travel everywhere in search of the most giant perch we could find. Caught some beauty’s out of elligo. Not a lot of them. Typical size we caught was 8-9”. Also typical size laker we’d catch was 12-16”. We fished the deep channel towards the ledges multiple days both jigging with big bait and set up all dif depths for lakers and no big ones. Caspian is pretty good for lakers. Once again another lake I haven’t visited in many yrs. My new obsession is walleye and pike. Scary last few yrs how little ice we’ve had

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version