New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

First Ice Intelligence?

(1/6) > >>

FishingFredrik:
For those of you who are suffering from ice fever like I am, and at the beginning of each season don't mind driving some distance for the first ice, what are the fishable ponds and lakes that tend to freeze over first?

Thanks,
Fred

Dipstick:
    Fred,
No location on your profile,but posting in NH. So, guessing that you are in the area. More specifics on where you want to travel would help. Honestly, on here most people have their own definition of safe ice. There have been issues in the past about folks posting "safe ice" (4" for walking) and someone decided to drive a truck out there... NH has a lot of good people who are willing to share, but cautious about safety.

Arctic Addict:
What a classic post.  Not sure where you're from but spot burning early ice spots is always controversial in an open thread.

That being said, I know a sweet early ice spot in Concord. I have never been disappointed with ice conditions here and there's plenty of parking. 

Here are the coordinates 43.209350, -71.527079.  Go to Google maps and punch them in.  Just be careful of the zamboni driver.  Nice guy but gets pissy if he catches you drilling too many holes.  Good luck.

bassin212:

--- Quote from: Arctic Addict on Nov 16, 2022, 07:30 PM ---What a classic post.  Not sure where you're from but spot burning early ice spots is always controversial in an open thread.

That being said, I know a sweet early ice spot in Concord. I have never been disappointed with ice conditions here and there's plenty of parking. 

Here are the coordinates 43.209350, -71.527079.  Go to Google maps and punch them in.  Just be careful of the zamboni driver.  Nice guy but gets pissy if he catches you drilling too many holes.  Good luck.

--- End quote ---

Didn’t take long for someone to give up the best brown spot in NH

FishingFredrik:

--- Quote from: Arctic Addict on Nov 16, 2022, 07:30 PM ---What a classic post.  Not sure where you're from but spot burning early ice spots is always controversial in an open thread.

--- End quote ---

Haha! I appreciate the humor. And yes, I'm always wary of Zamboni drivers. The parking seems to be world class. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version