Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

What are your 3 favorite crappie lures?

<< < (4/6) > >>

slipperybob:
These are my old time favorites: Not necessarily my most current hot lure or most fish caught.

spoons:
1. Northland Forage Minnow (modified fairy wings)
2. Lindy Rattl'n Flyer
3. Daredevle Spoon

Jigs w plastic:
1. Northland Mimic Minnow Fry
2. Gumball jighead w Northland Bro's Bloodworm
3.. CJ&S Flu Flu w Little Atom skimpies

Deadstick presentation: w crappie minnow
1. Northland Forage Minnow (modified dropper hook)
2. Bluefox Flash spoon (modified single swivel hook)
3. Owner Mosquito hook

Jigging Rap style:
1. Rapala Jig'n Rap
2. Rapala Jig'n Shad Rap
2. Moonshine Shiver Minnow

kabswrangler:
Lindy darter, hook and minnow, any pink tungsten tipped with a full minnow through the lips

Skywagon:

--- Quote from: kabswrangler on Dec 30, 2018, 10:23 PM ---Lindy darter, hook and minnow, any pink tungsten tipped with a full minnow through the lips

--- End quote ---

I have not tried hooking a minnow through the lips for ice fishing, would expect to lose a lot of minnows this way.  That is not an issue?

kabswrangler:

--- Quote from: Skywagon on Dec 31, 2018, 03:46 PM ---I have not tried hooking a minnow through the lips for ice fishing, would expect to lose a lot of minnows this way.  That is not an issue?

--- End quote ---
I actually put it through the bottom lip and more through the middle of the nose. If it goes through the nostril it will fall off...gotta be right in the middle. Also if you have a jig that sits more horizontal than vertical, you have to make sure your minnow ends up right side up.

KRASHED:
Forage minnow with a full minnow on it. Works well with parts of minnows as well.

Works wonders in central ontario. I like to drop it to the bottom and then hover 1-2 feet above the weeds. When they are active I slowly jig and reel the lure back in. I've seen time and time again hesitant crappie coming out of the weeds and smashing my lure on the way back up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version