Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Bluegill

st croix style bobber

<< < (4/4)

Fish Boy35:
I've been using the legend style spring and rods since 06 now and I love them. I own every action and have had or own every length including spring bobbers. To me they are the cats meow but to many they hate them. The st Croix legends do tend to run a bit on the heavy side. I use UL, L and ML the most and for most of my panfish applications I just use the UL or L. I like sticling to the 24" models the most because that's what fits my hole hopping with a bucket style. The spring assembly itself is just amazing considering you can switch out your spring with stiffer or weaker spring depending on conditions and presentation. You can also easily adjust the spring by sliding in or out. When you start getting into the longer length rods no matter the action the tip will get more and more flimsy requiring less and less hand movement to get the proper jigging cadence.

Gamedog1:
The St. Croix spring bobbers are the only type I use for the short rods, they are worth their price. The rods..??? I use different rods but I like Med/light rods in a 28".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version