Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Bluegill

Sort through small ones or move?

<< < (2/3) > >>

VanderLaan:
If I am catching a bunch of dinks, I will stay in the same general area, but move to water that is a bit deeper.  Seems that the bigger gills like the deeper water.

Jfraze10:
I was at spot two days ago that was constant fish. But majority under my size preference with the occasional big one every 6-7 + fish I caught 72 in a two hour period so it was pretty non stop. I moved four times to try and find "size" only to end up at that same hole and come 5-6 o'clock last hour of the bite the size went up greatly resulting in a keeper size every other fish or so. Just one experience on one body of water. I think I might start returning to the holes that earlier produced smaller fish in the day in the future after seeing this.

Gills-only:
Plastics will weed the little guys out!! Lot of times the bigger gills will hit these instead of bait, when the little bait stealers are aggressive!

italianice77:
try spoons or move around a bit, then come back to the same hole after its cooled down, sometimes the big gals move but are not far away.

Unclegillhunter:

--- Quote from: italianice77 on Jan 16, 2017, 06:15 PM ---try spoons or move around a bit, then come back to the same hole after its cooled down, sometimes the big gals move but are not far away.

--- End quote ---
Good advice!
Keep it safe! JDL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version