Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Crappies

Best crappie lure/bait?

<< < (2/13) > >>

addicted to ice fishing:
Slender spoon tipped with spikes.

holehopper:
Northland Forage Minnow tipped with a minnow head. 

river rat78:
This past ice season I found jigging raps to be a very effective crappie lure. No need to tip them with any bait. Only problem is that LM bass love them too. Seemed like everytime I would graph a bass it would hit the lure.

fish-kabob:
k&e vertical jig with a minnow hooked in the back or a light wire Aberdeen hook and some split shot.  the spacing on the split shot depend on the aggressiveness of the crappie the more aggressive they are the further away from the hook they need to be. start out .5 foot apart and see if you can fine tune it from there.  move it two to four inches at a time.  if they don't hit right away when you move them apart move them closer together. the less aggressive crappie will come in and hit slow moving minnows they don't have to chase as hard!     by the book crappie wisdom and the book ice fishing secrets i got them from half.com for around .75 cent plus 3.25 shipping... there produced by in fishermen  if wondering??

bullpine:

--- Quote from: river rat78 on Nov 04, 2014, 01:25 PM ---This past ice season I found jigging raps to be a very effective crappie lure. No need to tip them with any bait. Only problem is that LM bass love them too. Seemed like everytime I would graph a bass it would hit the lure.

--- End quote ---
How is this a problem?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version