Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Bluegill

bluegill tackle box???

(1/6) > >>

FishingNy03:
I know this is a long shot, but im just starting out gill fishing, I have some lures but im just wondering if someone could post some pics of there jig box so I have a idea of where to start for lures

SKAMPO:
I don't have any pics, but I've been using a lot of Fiskas Wolfram jigs (3mm and 4mm). I tend to use more horizontal or 45* jigs as opposed to vertical, but that's just me. Anything with "glow" is great to have for murky water or night fishing. With as cheap as they are just start buying some and see if they work.

Don't make the same mistake I did when I got started. Stay away from the big lunky chunky looking jigs, generally speaking smaller is better. Also get a wide assortment of colors, some days the fish like dark jigs, some days it's bright colors that get the job done.

Townie:
Here's a thread:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=109076.60

cbtrtbum:
I agree with some of the posts above. 99% of the time when fishing for gills I use a smallish jig (i tend to prefer chartreuse and then orange if they arent hitting that but i carry a variety of colors) with either a couple of spikes on it or a wax worm.  This year I have purchased some micro plastics and will be trying those as well.  Get an assortment of small jigs, various colors.  Maybe a few small spoons too and you should be good.  Cheers,Chris

jumbo chaser:
X2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version