The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Augers  (Read 1408 times)

Offline fishin fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • give 'em a shake
Augers
« on: Nov 03, 2003, 06:39 PM »
I have a post hole digger, or a gas auger with a ground bit on it, if you prefer.  Is there a way that I can get the auger part for an ice drill and attach it to the one that I have?
t'pup!

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
Re:Augers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2003, 07:25 PM »
Yes...What type of auger do you have? Your gear ratio shoulf be ok, it's just the task of finding the right auger shaft to fit it. Does it turn counter clockwise? That's a very important bit of info to have when looking. If you can't get a shaft to fit, you can have a welding shop alter the auger bit to fit your power head.

Bob

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2003, 08:03 PM »
Hey Guys:
My ex-boss at Gm did that conversion, I think he said
a strikemaster lazer head worked prfectly. But you would have to still ck your connections for the correct size and threads etc. Good luck.
Tight Lines.

Mike

Offline waterbeater

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The harder the better
« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2003, 09:20 PM »
Fishing fool,
I've got an Eskimo "Earthquake" for drilling post holes and all I had to do was buy an auger for the eskimo "Shark" for about $50 bucks I think. The powerhead works great for both in the way of gearing. It turns same speed as most 2HP motors. The earth auger is quite heavy and not nearly sharp enough though.
I'm not sure what brand your's is but read your post and thught this might help. Hope so anyway.
Waterbeater out!<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.